Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
Heavily spiced for flavour without being spicy hot, this is the perfect dinner for a Meatless Monday meal for those supporting the planet by eating vegetarian at least one night a week. It’s especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk. Plus, ginger and turmeric are anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory spices that are great for digestive health and immunity. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger root, peeled & grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- Steamed rice & natural yoghurt, to serve
- Heat wok or large, deep frypan over high heat until smoking. Add ghee and cumin seeds and stir for 30 secs, until fragrant.
- Add onion, chilli flakes, garlic, ginger, ground coriander and turmeric and stirfry for 2 mins, until onion has softened.
- Add cauliflower and stir to thoroughly coat in spice mixture. Stirfry for 5 mins until golden brown, stirring constantly to stop it sticking.
- Add chopped tomato, salt and 125mL of cold tap water and turn heat down to medium. Simmer for 5 mins until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Stir through fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice and yoghurt (or turmeric yoghurt from the garam masala chicken recipe).
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!