Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This recipe reminds me of the breakfast street food I enjoyed every morning when I was teaching English across Indonesia. You can make a savoury version too, with shallots, garlic, chilli and toasted shredded coconut. This sweet version also tastes sensational with in-season mango, chopped mint and toasted coconut.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup fresh mixed berries
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- Rice-malt syrup, for drizzling
- Handful mint leaves
- Toasted shredded coconut, to serve (optional)
- In small bowl, beat eggs, then mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds, vanilla and salt. Stir in mashed banana.
- Heat coconut oil in small frying pan over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into frying pan and cook until set on the bottom. Scatter over berries and pistachios and continue cooking until firm on top.
- Carefully remove from pan, drizzle over rice-malt syrup, top with mint leaves and shredded coconut, if using, and serve immediately.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...