Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This recipe reminds me of the breakfast street food I enjoyed every morning when I was teaching English across Indonesia. You can make a savoury version too, with shallots, garlic, chilli and toasted shredded coconut. This sweet version also tastes sensational with in-season mango, chopped mint and toasted coconut.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup fresh mixed berries
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- Rice-malt syrup, for drizzling
- Handful mint leaves
- Toasted shredded coconut, to serve (optional)
- In small bowl, beat eggs, then mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds, vanilla and salt. Stir in mashed banana.
- Heat coconut oil in small frying pan over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into frying pan and cook until set on the bottom. Scatter over berries and pistachios and continue cooking until firm on top.
- Carefully remove from pan, drizzle over rice-malt syrup, top with mint leaves and shredded coconut, if using, and serve immediately.
Give sugar the flick with this honey-sweetened lemon tart: you’ll never look back. If you are a real honey fan...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Creamy Pea, Asparagus & Broccolini Pasta with Mint Pesto
Pesto is a sauce originating in Genoa, the capital city of Liguria, Italy. It traditionally consists of crushed garlic, pine...