Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
One of my honour roll recipes! By using ricepaper rolls and packing them with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy. Bite down on red cabbage and carrot to add crunchiness, and relish the nuttiness of the peanut butter and creaminess of the avocado, which add a dose of good fats to complete a balanced meal that’s as fun to make as it is to eat.
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 large ricepaper sheets, prepared according to packet
- A few handfuls baby English spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ large carrot, grated
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- Small handful coriander, chopped
- 185g tin tuna in olive oil (or salmon if preferred)
- Combine tamari, honey and peanut butter in small bowl.
- Lay one ricepaper sheet on clean work surface.
- Evenly spread half the sauce mixture on lower end of sheet in a horizontal direction, leaving 3cm border on both sides as well as the bottom.
- Put desired amount of spinach on top of sauce, followed by half of each of remaining ingredients. Be sure not to pile on too much or the wrap could break when you roll it up.
- Fold bottom edge up and two sides inwards, then roll from bottom to top while making sure to tuck ingredients in.
- Cut diagonally down middle. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, seal in airtight lunchbox and refrigerate until ready to eat.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...