Jam-Packed Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
One of my honour roll recipes! By using ricepaper rolls and packing them with wholesome ingredients you can create delicious parcels that will make your insides and outsides happy. Bite down on red cabbage and carrot to add crunchiness, and relish the nuttiness of the peanut butter and creaminess of the avocado, which add a dose of good fats to complete a balanced meal that’s as fun to make as it is to eat.
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 large ricepaper sheets, prepared according to packet
- A few handfuls baby English spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ large carrot, grated
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- Small handful coriander, chopped
- 185g tin tuna in olive oil (or salmon if preferred)
- Combine tamari, honey and peanut butter in small bowl.
- Lay one ricepaper sheet on clean work surface.
- Evenly spread half the sauce mixture on lower end of sheet in a horizontal direction, leaving 3cm border on both sides as well as the bottom.
- Put desired amount of spinach on top of sauce, followed by half of each of remaining ingredients. Be sure not to pile on too much or the wrap could break when you roll it up.
- Fold bottom edge up and two sides inwards, then roll from bottom to top while making sure to tuck ingredients in.
- Cut diagonally down middle. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, seal in airtight lunchbox and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Bubble and Squeak Recipe
For me, English food is comfort food, especially bubble and squeak. This dish takes me back to my childhood —...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Which dairy is the better choice: full or reduced fat?
It’s easy to get hung up on fat content when it comes to dairy products, especially if you’re watching your...
Oven-Baked Pumpkin and Corn Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
This hearty risotto is a great source of dietary fibre. Brown rice contains around seven times more fibre than white...