Kale & Cabbage Salad with Pepitas & Cranberries
There are some terrific superfoods available, such as açaí, lucuma and spirulina. But don’t forget some of our standard vegetables are equally amazing superfoods. Cabbage is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C and powerful antioxidants. Kale is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin K, potassium and copper.
Serve with this Medjool date dressing
Serves: 4 as a side dish
GF, V, VG
- ⅓ cup pepitas
- ¼ head white cabbage, shredded very finely
- 5 kale leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup Medjool date dressing
- Toast pepitas in frying pan on low heat for 5 mins. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cabbage and kale leaves in large mixing bowl. Add toasted pepitas, cranberries and avocado. Add dressing and gently toss together until well combined, then serve.
Miso Broccoli & Hot Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe
This miso broccoli and salmon salad is the perfect weekday lunch — it's simple yet fresh, packed with flavour and...
Jicama & Sweet Potato Salad
Jicama has a sweet and nutty flavour which goes perfectly with sweet potato in this potato salad. It’s worth taking...