Kale & Cabbage Salad with Pepitas & Cranberries
There are some terrific superfoods available, such as açaí, lucuma and spirulina. But don’t forget some of our standard vegetables are equally amazing superfoods. Cabbage is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C and powerful antioxidants. Kale is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin K, potassium and copper.
Serve with this Medjool date dressing
Serves: 4 as a side dish
GF, V, VG
- ⅓ cup pepitas
- ¼ head white cabbage, shredded very finely
- 5 kale leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup Medjool date dressing
- Toast pepitas in frying pan on low heat for 5 mins. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cabbage and kale leaves in large mixing bowl. Add toasted pepitas, cranberries and avocado. Add dressing and gently toss together until well combined, then serve.
Snow Pea & Prawn Salad
This beautiful salad is light yet satisfying and is perfect to whip together when cooking for just one.
Based on a lovely salad of Annabel Crabb’s, this salad is ready to go for a breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Quinoa, Broccoli & Sweet Potato Salad
Adding the superfoods to your salad makes a huge difference to your nutritional intake. Foods like walnuts and cashews are...
Spinach, Tomato, Zucchini and Lentil Salad
Foods with strong flavours such as red onion, Kalamata olives and lentils work so well together and definitely become the...