Lamb and Feta Meatball Flatbreads Recipe
This is the sandwich you make when you are feeling hungry! The oiliness of the lamb is offset nicely by the salty feta, cool cucumber and creamy tahini yoghurt. Make it fun for kids by opening up the pita pockets and hiding the meatball treasure inside.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100g feta cheese, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice ½ lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 4 pita pocket flatbreads
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into strips
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Place lamb mince, egg, sumac, parsley, feta and pine nuts in bowl. Mix well to combine. Shape into small meatballs about 2cm in diameter.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan. Add meatballs and cook for 8-10 mins, turning occasionally to brown all sides. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place yoghurt, tahini and lemon juice in bowl and mix briskly to combine. Season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Spread on flat breads and top with a few meatballs. Garnish with cucumber, onion and extra feta. Serve immediately.
9 tips for longevity from the Blue Zones
Blue Zones are regions of the planet where a high proportion of people live to be over 100 years old....
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...