Lamb and Feta Meatball Flatbreads Recipe
This is the sandwich you make when you are feeling hungry! The oiliness of the lamb is offset nicely by the salty feta, cool cucumber and creamy tahini yoghurt. Make it fun for kids by opening up the pita pockets and hiding the meatball treasure inside.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100g feta cheese, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice ½ lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 4 pita pocket flatbreads
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into strips
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Place lamb mince, egg, sumac, parsley, feta and pine nuts in bowl. Mix well to combine. Shape into small meatballs about 2cm in diameter.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan. Add meatballs and cook for 8-10 mins, turning occasionally to brown all sides. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place yoghurt, tahini and lemon juice in bowl and mix briskly to combine. Season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Spread on flat breads and top with a few meatballs. Garnish with cucumber, onion and extra feta. Serve immediately.
4 vegan treats the whole family will love
Made using Ulu Hye creamy plant-based alternatives, these vegan treats are set to become your go-to for family gatherings —...
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Atkins Smooth Chocolate Ready to Drink
The perfect shake when watching your carb intake. Made with gluten-free ingredients and with less than one gram of sugar,...
Glow Teabag Tin - Byron Bay Tea Company
Beauty begins on the inside, which makes GLOW tea the perfect primer.