Lamb Pilau Recipe
This super-fragrant pilau (also known as pilaf) is the perfect dish for a cosy night in. The combination of tender lamb studded with spices, and rice is just delicious. I love adding dried apricots to this dish but it’s equally lovely with raisins. Add pine nuts for an extra bit of crunch and texture to the dish.
- 75g pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 500g lamb, diced
- 250g uncooked basmati rice
- 500mL vegetable stock
- ½ cup dried apricots
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Small bunch fresh parsley or mint leaves
- Toast pine nuts slightly in dry saucepan over low–medium heat. Leave to cool.
- In same pan, heat olive oil on medium heat then add onion and cook for a few mins until soft. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon and cook for another 2 mins until fragrant.
- Add lamb and turn heat to medium–high so it cooks quickly and is seared on outside.
- Add rice and cook for 1 min, stirring frequently. Add vegetable stock and apricots and season to taste.
- Turn heat down, cover and simmer for 10–12 mins until the rice is tender and most liquid has been absorbed. Add more water if mixture looks dry.
- Finish with toasted pine nuts and parsley and serve immediately.
Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Greens on Sourdough Toast
You can still enjoy a big Sunday brekkie on a whole-food plant-based diet. It’s delicious, nutritious and will make you...
Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat