Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser with pesto dipping sauce or as a vegetarian meal with marinara sauce topped with shaved parmesan and fresh basil.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 whole lemon zest & juice
- ¾ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Pesto, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 mins until soft. Stir through rice and cook for another minute.
- Add a ladle full of warm broth and wait for the rice to absorb it before adding another ladle full. Repeat this until broth is gone. Add extra water if needed to cook until rice is al dente. Gently stir through lemon juice, zest and parmesan cheese.
- Allow risotto to cool so it is easy to handle.
- You will need two shallow bowls. Place 1 egg whisked in a little milk in one bowl, and then breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Form balls with 2 tbsp of cooled risotto then place them on a tray.
- Dip each ball in egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Firmly press the breadcrumbs into the balls so they’re well covered.
- Pan fry the balls in a little olive oil over medium heat, until they are golden brown.
- Serve warm with dipping bowl with pesto.
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!
Mushroom & Pea Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
Looking for a wholesome dinner option? Try this plant-based brown rice risotto, full of fresh veggies and flavours for a...