Lemongrass & Chilli Chicken Dumplings Recipe
Chicken is an excellent source of protein, containing branched-chain amino acids, leucine, isoleucine and valine, which are used to boost protein synthesis in the muscles as well as provide energy. Chicken also supplies vitamin B12 needed to support healthy nerve function and red blood cell production.
Makes: 24 dumplings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, remove tough outer leaves
- 2 shallots
- 250g organic chicken mince
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 small Thai chilli, finely chopped
- 24 wonton wrappers
- In your food processor finely mince garlic, ginger, lemongrass and shallots and place in a bowl.
- Add chicken, sesame oil, tamari, chilli and mix well.
- Place 2 tsp of filling into each wrapper and brush the edges with water. Moisten your fingers in water and fold your dumplings in half, make little folds all the way along your dumplings.
- Pan fry for 4 mins, then add 1/3 cup water and steam for 6-8 mins. Make sure they are cooked through by cutting one open. If they’re not cooked properly, steam for a further 2 mins with the lid off.
Plant-Based Buckwheat Crêpes with Strawberries Recipe
Amazing how easy it is to swap to plant-based recipes without ever feeling you’re missing out, and these buckwheat crepes...
Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Packed with gluten-free goodness, these banana & oat breakfast muffins have the perfect balance of protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates.
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...