Lemony Smoked Salmon, Spinach and Caper Berry Quiche Recipe
This lemony smoked salmon quiche is the perfect picnic food because it can be pre-made and is just as delicious cold as it is it hot. Plus, it doesn’t require cutlery, so just portion this nourishing quiche and enjoy!
- 1¾ cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 60g chilled butter or ghee, cut into cubes
- Good pinch sea salt
- 50–60mL chilled water
- 5 large free-range or organic eggs
- 120mL milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Good grind black pepper
- Zest 1 lemon
- Handful baby spinach, finely chopped
- Small red onion, peeled, halved & finely sliced
- ½ fillet hot smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp caper berries
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In food processor, mix flour, butter and sea salt until crumb forms. Gradually add water until pastry comes together into firm dough (that holds together but doesn’t stick to your fingers). If weather is warm, place in fridge for 10 mins before rolling out.
- Grease spring-form quiche tin and roll pastry out onto piece of baking paper to cover base and sides of tin. Invert into tin and trim sides and prick base 4 or 5 times with fork. With baking paper on top, fill with pastry weights and blind bake for 15 mins on bottom shelf of oven.
- To make filling, beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper and lemon zest until frothy.
- Once pastry is ready, remove baking paper and weights and spread spinach and red onion evenly over base. Then arrange pieces of smoked salmon over base and scatter over caper berries and parmesan.
- Pour over egg mixture, taking care not to over-fill, and bake for 25–30 mins or until centre is just set firm.
Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Poke Bowl Recipe
I love poke bowls! They are a bright, colourful, tasty and nutritious meal. Plus, they're so quick and easy to...
Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe
One of the best and easiest bulk batch snacks to serve for a crowd. Try our Smoked Salmon Bites Recipe!
Salmon, Walnut and Avocado Salad Recipe
This salad really is “mood food” — delicious, easy to prepare and a wonderful combination of ingredients contributing vitamins, minerals,...