Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with a wonderful kicker of plant proteins from lentils, and prebiotic fibre and antioxidants from garlic and onions too.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g red lentils, rinsed
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1L vegetable stock or broth
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- In large saucepan on medium heat, combine extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, onion and tomatoes, cover and cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins.
- Add lentils, carrots, stock, chilli and thyme, plus an extra ½–1 cup water (enough to ensure all vegetables are covered). Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins. Once cooked, season and blend until smooth.
Mediterranean Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
This veggie stir-fry is a really delicious change from traditional Asian-flavoured stir-fries and is sure to quickly become your new...
These 3 indulgent dishes are a cheese lover's delight
Treat yourself to these delicious dinner party recipes, made using That's Amore Cheese's finest selection — they really are a...
Palak Paneer Recipe
Packed with fibrous veggies and flavour to boot, this tasty Palak Paneer recipe is a truly delicious dish that also...