Melting Moments Recipe
Melting moments are one of my favourite cookies ever! Whether you like them super soft and delicate or crumbly and crispy, they’re definitely a crowd favourite. I’ve recreated these cookies with a delicious lemon filling because, while they’re delectable on their own, there’s something extra special about the lemon filling.
Makes: 8 cookies
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup or raw honey
- Lemon Filling
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tbsp Supercharged Foods Love Your Gut Powder* (optional)
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In large bowl and using wooden spoon, combine cashew butter, egg, vanilla and rice-malt syrup or honey. You may wish to use hands if not combining properly.
- Using hands, carefully shape into 16 cookies and place on prepared tray. Use fork to imprint cookie.
- Bake for 15 mins. Leave to cool completely before assembling cookies.
- To make lemon filling, gently heat coconut cream and cacao butter in small saucepan over low heat until no lumps remain. Transfer to small bowl and stir in lemon zest, powder and stevia. Place in freezer for 15 mins to thicken.
- To assemble, carefully spread filling on base of half the cookies and sandwich another cookie on top. These cookies are crumbly, so work delicately!
- * Available at most health-food stores.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...