Melting Moments Recipe
Melting moments are one of my favourite cookies ever! Whether you like them super soft and delicate or crumbly and crispy, they’re definitely a crowd favourite. I’ve recreated these cookies with a delicious lemon filling because, while they’re delectable on their own, there’s something extra special about the lemon filling.
Makes: 8 cookies
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup or raw honey
- Lemon Filling
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tbsp Supercharged Foods Love Your Gut Powder* (optional)
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In large bowl and using wooden spoon, combine cashew butter, egg, vanilla and rice-malt syrup or honey. You may wish to use hands if not combining properly.
- Using hands, carefully shape into 16 cookies and place on prepared tray. Use fork to imprint cookie.
- Bake for 15 mins. Leave to cool completely before assembling cookies.
- To make lemon filling, gently heat coconut cream and cacao butter in small saucepan over low heat until no lumps remain. Transfer to small bowl and stir in lemon zest, powder and stevia. Place in freezer for 15 mins to thicken.
- To assemble, carefully spread filling on base of half the cookies and sandwich another cookie on top. These cookies are crumbly, so work delicately!
- * Available at most health-food stores.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...