Mexican Chicken and Capsicum Recipe
A lovely, versatile recipe that is mild enough for kids but interesting enough for the biggies. Use it as a taco or tortilla filling, in a wrap for lunch, or paired with your favourite cooked grain and a side of guacamole and yoghurt.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 1–1½cm pieces
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Juice ½ lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 small green or yellow capsicum, sliced
- Place chicken slices in bowl. Cover with marinade and stir to coat well. Place in fridge to marinate while you prepare capsicum. (You can prepare chicken earlier and leave it marinating in fridge for up to a day).
- Add onion to frypan over medium heat with oil.
- Sauté until soft, then add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add capsicum and cook for a couple of mins, then add in chicken.
- Cook for a few mins, then turn each piece over to ensure you have browned both sides and chicken is cooked to your liking — this should only take a few mins.
- Serve with rice, guacamole and yoghurt alongside Mexican bean mix or as filling for tacos or tortillas.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Watch out for palm oil in your chocolates
A diet rich in saturated fats and sugar not only causes obesity but also leads to inflammation in the brain.
Why stress and eating late is not good for you
A new research shows that hunger levels rise in the evenings and that stress may impact hunger levels even more.
Whole eggs or egg whites?
Researchers uncover the difference in ingesting egg whites or whole eggs can affect muscle-building protein synthesis after exercise.
All you need to know about gout, a painful form of arthritis
In this clinical case we take an in-depth look at gout, a painful form of arthritis. Read more.