Mexican Chicken and Capsicum Recipe
A lovely, versatile recipe that is mild enough for kids but interesting enough for the biggies. Use it as a taco or tortilla filling, in a wrap for lunch, or paired with your favourite cooked grain and a side of guacamole and yoghurt.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 1–1½cm pieces
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Juice ½ lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 small green or yellow capsicum, sliced
- Place chicken slices in bowl. Cover with marinade and stir to coat well. Place in fridge to marinate while you prepare capsicum. (You can prepare chicken earlier and leave it marinating in fridge for up to a day).
- Add onion to frypan over medium heat with oil.
- Sauté until soft, then add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add capsicum and cook for a couple of mins, then add in chicken.
- Cook for a few mins, then turn each piece over to ensure you have browned both sides and chicken is cooked to your liking — this should only take a few mins.
- Serve with rice, guacamole and yoghurt alongside Mexican bean mix or as filling for tacos or tortillas.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Want to reduce salt intake? Try spices instead
Spicy food seems to reduce salt intake according to a new study.
Why you should eat like a Scandinavian
Scandinavian countries are known for their openness and their minimalist aesthetic, but you can take notes from the Nords in...
Soba Noodles with Prawns & Edamame Recipe
Want to know the secret to this warm noodle dish? Add the dressing right at the end so it still...
Sponsor Recipes: That’s Amore Cheese
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with That’s Amore Cheese.