Mexican Chicken and Capsicum RecipeCredit: Meg Thompson
A lovely, versatile recipe that is mild enough for kids but interesting enough for the biggies. Use it as a taco or tortilla filling, in a wrap for lunch, or paired with your favourite cooked grain and a side of guacamole and yoghurt.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 1–1½cm pieces
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Juice ½ lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 small green or yellow capsicum, sliced
- Place chicken slices in bowl. Cover with marinade and stir to coat well. Place in fridge to marinate while you prepare capsicum. (You can prepare chicken earlier and leave it marinating in fridge for up to a day).
- Add onion to frypan over medium heat with oil.
- Sauté until soft, then add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add capsicum and cook for a couple of mins, then add in chicken.
- Cook for a few mins, then turn each piece over to ensure you have browned both sides and chicken is cooked to your liking — this should only take a few mins.
- Serve with rice, guacamole and yoghurt alongside Mexican bean mix or as filling for tacos or tortillas.
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Sugar Snap Peas, Pearl Couscous and Grated Vegetable Salad Recipe
In this recipe, the colourful vegetables complement the texture of the couscous and the dressing ties it all together wonderfully.
Sponsor Recipes: The Chia Co.
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with The Chia Co.
Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad Recipe
This Warm Steamed Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Salad is the perfect quick lunch or dinner option.
Why eating at the wrong time affects weight?
The time of the day food is consumed is critical to weight loss more than dieting itself, mice studies reveal.