Mexican-Stuffed Sweet Potato
The bright orange colour of sweet potatoes indicates the presence of high levels of beta-carotene. This important nutrient is converted to vitamin A in the body and is vital for good eyesight, healthy gums, bone development and a strongly functioning immune system.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Dash olive oil
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ⅓ cup cooked beans (eg black beans, kidney beans)
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- Pinch chilli flakes
- ¼ cup ground cumin
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander leaves
- Small handful thinly sliced kale
- ½ medium avocado, mashed or diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wrap sweet potato in foil and bake for 50 mins, or until cooked through.
- In small frying pan over medium heat, add a dash of olive oil and cook corn, beans, paprika, chilli and cumin for 4 mins.
- Cut sweet potato down middle and fill with bean mix, top with avocado and some coriander.
- Tip: This dish is also delicious with a spoonful of salsa or some crumbled feta.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Mango & Passionfruit Oat Milk Smoothie Recipe
Enjoyed as a balanced breakfast or snack throughout your day, this oat milk smoothie is packed with tropical flavour and...
Pumpkin & Walnut Breakfast Loaf Recipe
This nourishing pumpkin and walnut breakfast loaf is a healthy way to start the day, spread with some avocado, hummus...