3 flavour-packed dishes to add to your mid-week rotation
Dial it up to delicious with Tilda Basmati rice. This joyous favourite is nutty and wholesome with a satisfying and moreish bite, and is ready in minutes. Adding a tasty source of fibre to your midweek meals has never been easier.
Zesty Lemon Chicken with Pomegranate & Coriander
Recipe / Tilda
- 2 chicken breasts
- Juice & zest 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- Handful quinoa, cooked
- 1 pack Tilda Wholegrain Basmati
- 50g pomegranate seeds + extra to serve
- Handful freshly chopped coriander + extra to serve
- Handful sunflowers seeds
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Marinade the chicken in half of the lemon juice, olive oil and paprika for 5 mins.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add the chicken, scraping all the marinade into the pan and cook until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Heat the rice according to the packet instructions and add to the pan with the cooked quinoa.
- Slice the chicken while still in the pan.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, lemon zest and remaining lemon juice, and heat through for another 2–3 mins.
- Stir through the coriander, sunflower seeds and season well with freshly ground black pepper before serving.
Recipe / Tilda
- 2 packs Tilda Coconut Basmati rice
- 150g carrots, cut into very thin strips
- 150g daikon radish, peeled & cut into thin strips
- 150g bean sprouts
- 150g cucumber, halved lengthways & cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g mushrooms
- 300g spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Gochujang sauce
- 3 tbsp Gochujang chilli paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place all the ingredients for the Gochujang sauce in a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Pour the rice in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 20–30 mins or until just tender. Drain the rice and serve in 4 individual bowls.
- Place the carrots in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 1 min or until just cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with the daikon, bean sprouts and cucumber. Keep all your vegetables separate in little piles.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and cook the mushrooms and stir-fry for 5 mins or until cooked. Remove and set aside. Add the remaining oil and add the spinach. Cook for 1–2 mins or until just wilted. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the eggs and set aside.
- Divide the rice between four bowls and place an egg in the centre of each bowl. Arrange the vegetables around the egg. Sprinkle each dish with sesame oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve with the Gochujang sauce.
Recipe / Tilda
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp Peri Peri sauce
- 125mL water
- 1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 200g raw prawns
- Salt & black pepper, to season
- 1 pack Tilda Pure Steamed Basmati
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, ginger, chilli and pepper and fry for about 5–7 mins to soften.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1–2 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, Peri Peri sauce, water and preserved lemon and simmer for 5 mins.
- Stir in the prawns and cook until they turn pink.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot.
- Heat the Tilda Pure Steamed Basmati according to pack instructions and serve with the curry.
For more information visit tilda.com
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...