Mini Lime Tarts Recipe
Lime is so much more than just zest to add to a drink; it can boost your overall complexion and immunity, and help cleanse the body. There’s something about these lime tarts that makes me really happy. They’re equally creamy and tarty, tangy and sweet, satisfying and crisp with a crumbly texture.
Makes: 6 medium or 12 mini tarts
- 250g cashews (can be soaked for 2 hours previously)
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- 2 tbsp Love Your Gut Powder* (optional)
- 250mL coconut cream
- 3 tbsp cacao butter
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Zest 2 limes & juice 1 lime
- Grease 8 individual tart tins with light layer of coconut oil.
- To make base, combine all ingredients in food processor until crumbly dough forms.
- Neatly press into tart tins and place in freezer for 2 hours to set.
- After 1½ hours, prepare filling by gently heating coconut cream and cacao butter in small saucepan over low heat. Transfer to bowl and stir in stevia, vanilla and lime. Place bowl in freezer for 15 mins to let it cool slightly.
- To assemble tarts, carefully pour filling into tart shells and leave to set in fridge for at least 1 hour or until needed. Serve with extra lime slices, lime zest and a dollop of coconut yoghurt if desired. * Find at superchargedfood.com
How to eat your way to a longer life
Adopt a food-is-medicine approach and reap the benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet for a long, wholesome life.
How to create infused water jars
If your resolution is to drink more water we're here to help with flavour-infused water jars.
Don't like change? Here are 5 ways to deal with change mindfully
When change happens in life, it can be a shock or a more subtle shifting under the surface. Either way,...
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...