Mini Lime Tarts Recipe
Lime is so much more than just zest to add to a drink; it can boost your overall complexion and immunity, and help cleanse the body. There’s something about these lime tarts that makes me really happy. They’re equally creamy and tarty, tangy and sweet, satisfying and crisp with a crumbly texture.
Makes: 6 medium or 12 mini tarts
- 250g cashews (can be soaked for 2 hours previously)
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- 2 tbsp Love Your Gut Powder* (optional)
- 250mL coconut cream
- 3 tbsp cacao butter
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Zest 2 limes & juice 1 lime
- Grease 8 individual tart tins with light layer of coconut oil.
- To make base, combine all ingredients in food processor until crumbly dough forms.
- Neatly press into tart tins and place in freezer for 2 hours to set.
- After 1½ hours, prepare filling by gently heating coconut cream and cacao butter in small saucepan over low heat. Transfer to bowl and stir in stevia, vanilla and lime. Place bowl in freezer for 15 mins to let it cool slightly.
- To assemble tarts, carefully pour filling into tart shells and leave to set in fridge for at least 1 hour or until needed. Serve with extra lime slices, lime zest and a dollop of coconut yoghurt if desired. * Find at superchargedfood.com
A Q&A with Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, the co-founders of Ulu Hye
We speak to Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, co-founders of Ulu Hye, a brand offering non-dairy mylk bases — with...
No-Bake Blackberry and Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Did you know blackberries are a fabulous source of antioxidants and vitamin C, which are needed to boost immune health?...
Raw Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
Did you know that calcium and magnesium are vital for maintaining bone health and preventing osteoporosis? Enjoy our Raw Chocolate...