Mini Lime Tarts Recipe
Lime is so much more than just zest to add to a drink; it can boost your overall complexion and immunity, and help cleanse the body. There’s something about these lime tarts that makes me really happy. They’re equally creamy and tarty, tangy and sweet, satisfying and crisp with a crumbly texture.
Makes: 6 medium or 12 mini tarts
- 250g cashews (can be soaked for 2 hours previously)
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- 2 tbsp Love Your Gut Powder* (optional)
- 250mL coconut cream
- 3 tbsp cacao butter
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Zest 2 limes & juice 1 lime
- Grease 8 individual tart tins with light layer of coconut oil.
- To make base, combine all ingredients in food processor until crumbly dough forms.
- Neatly press into tart tins and place in freezer for 2 hours to set.
- After 1½ hours, prepare filling by gently heating coconut cream and cacao butter in small saucepan over low heat. Transfer to bowl and stir in stevia, vanilla and lime. Place bowl in freezer for 15 mins to let it cool slightly.
- To assemble tarts, carefully pour filling into tart shells and leave to set in fridge for at least 1 hour or until needed. Serve with extra lime slices, lime zest and a dollop of coconut yoghurt if desired. * Find at superchargedfood.com
Do you know the real effect of fruit and vegetables on your mental health?
A recent UK study has found that eating just one extra portion of fruits and vegetables a day could have...
Find out the healing benefits of hydrotherapy
Are you a water baby? Do you love long showers, soothing swims, blissful baths? Hydrotherapy may be the healing stream...
Discover how to harness the power of garden therapy for good health
According to garden therapy, a longer and leaner life is right under your feet. All you need to do is...
Discover the ins and outs of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
WellBeing columnist Michael Elstein takes us through the ins and outs of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.