Miso-Glazed Eggplant Recipe
Miso is a fermented food and is a key ingredient in Japanese cooking. In this dish, the miso’s strong deep flavour coats the eggplant slices to create a magically flavoured dish.
GF, V, VG
- 4 medium-sized eggplants
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 80g white miso
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp microgreens
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, then cut a diamond pattern in the flesh of the eggplant. Place the eggplants cut side up on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and miso in a small heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Using a pastry brush, generously brush two thirds of the miso sauce over the cut side of the eggplants.
- Bake for 30–35 mins until starting to brown and are tender.
- Remove from the oven and brush more miso sauce to glaze the eggplants.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and microgreens and serve on a platter.
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...
BBQ Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
A deliciously rich and tangy sauce perfect for basting, dipping and pouring. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and...