Moroccan Minestrone Soup Recipe
There’s nothing more nutrient-dense and low-budget than a minestrone soup, especially in the wintertime when it’s also warming and comforting. I’ve put a spin on the traditional minestrone soup by adding a Moroccan spice called ras el hanout, a blend of 20–30 different spices and herbs such as cinnamon, cumin, paprika, cloves and turmeric. You can buy it from most fruit and vegetable stores or order it online.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 8 kale leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp ras el hanout spice mix
- 1L tomato passata
- 1L vegetable stock
- 150g chickpea pasta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 handfuls pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, zucchini, carrot, celery and kale. Sauté for 20 mins, add ras el hanout spice mix and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring continuously so spice mix doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
- Add tomato passata and vegetable stock and cook for a further 5 mins. Add pasta and season with sea salt. Cook until pasta is done.
- Serve topped with crushed pistachios and flat-leaf parsley.
Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
This eggless quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies and healthy!
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. Taste the scrambled turmeric tofu recipe!
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.