Moroccan Minestrone Soup Recipe
There’s nothing more nutrient-dense and low-budget than a minestrone soup, especially in the wintertime when it’s also warming and comforting. I’ve put a spin on the traditional minestrone soup by adding a Moroccan spice called ras el hanout, a blend of 20–30 different spices and herbs such as cinnamon, cumin, paprika, cloves and turmeric. You can buy it from most fruit and vegetable stores or order it online.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 8 kale leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp ras el hanout spice mix
- 1L tomato passata
- 1L vegetable stock
- 150g chickpea pasta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 handfuls pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, zucchini, carrot, celery and kale. Sauté for 20 mins, add ras el hanout spice mix and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring continuously so spice mix doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
- Add tomato passata and vegetable stock and cook for a further 5 mins. Add pasta and season with sea salt. Cook until pasta is done.
- Serve topped with crushed pistachios and flat-leaf parsley.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Brown Rice Noodles and Vegetables in Timut Pepper Broth Recipe
Timut pepper gives this dish a warm glow and an incredible depth of flavour like nothing else I’ve cooked with...
Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Green pancakes? This an example of how greens can be included in dishes where you may have thought this wasn’t...
Discover how chickpeas can help with weight management and heart protection
Chickpeas are legumes that are often called gram, garbanzos, chana or Egyptian peas. We take a look at the many...
Toasted Seaweed Chips Recipe
These Toasted Seaweed Chips make a very nourishing savoury snack. Stopping at one is virtually impossible! They’re a light but...