Moroccan Minestrone Soup Recipe
There’s nothing more nutrient-dense and low-budget than a minestrone soup, especially in the wintertime when it’s also warming and comforting. I’ve put a spin on the traditional minestrone soup by adding a Moroccan spice called ras el hanout, a blend of 20–30 different spices and herbs such as cinnamon, cumin, paprika, cloves and turmeric. You can buy it from most fruit and vegetable stores or order it online.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 8 kale leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp ras el hanout spice mix
- 1L tomato passata
- 1L vegetable stock
- 150g chickpea pasta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 handfuls pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, zucchini, carrot, celery and kale. Sauté for 20 mins, add ras el hanout spice mix and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring continuously so spice mix doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
- Add tomato passata and vegetable stock and cook for a further 5 mins. Add pasta and season with sea salt. Cook until pasta is done.
- Serve topped with crushed pistachios and flat-leaf parsley.
Healthy Vegan Lettuce and Chickpea Wraps Recipe
Spoon a third of a cup of the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and serve, as finger food. The...
Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks Recipe
These delicious ice blocks make a healthy treat for the whole family. They are a nutritious alternative to sugar-laden store-bought...
Chocolate, Avocado and Berry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake caters to many intolerances as it’s dairy-, egg- and gluten-free and vegan. It gets a lovely richness...
Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my...