Mushroom & Pea Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
Risotto is a classic Italian wholesome dish traditionally made with white arborio rice. Here I use short-grain rice with a long slow absorption method that creates a delicious wholefood plant-based version of the classic.
GF, V, VG
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1½ cups uncooked short-grain brown rice
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves only, finely chopped
- 6 cups liquid vegetable stock, warmed
- 500g of your favourite mushrooms, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup microgreens
- Heat a large frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and celery and sauté for 3 mins.
- Add the brown rice and chopped rosemary leaves and stir well. Add 5 cups of the vegetable stock and stir well.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. When boiling, reduce the heat to very low and cook for 1½ hrs until all the liquid is absorbed and the grains of rice are soft.
- Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms. When the rice is cooked, add 1 cup of stock. Then stir vigorously for 1–2 mins until the rice is creamy.
- Finally add the sautéed mushrooms and peas, mix well and top with microgreens.
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!