Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You can make it with any kind of mushrooms but I like a mix of shiitake, oyster and field or Swiss brown.
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 400g mushrooms, sliced or torn
- ¼ tsp thyme, dried (or 2 tbsp fresh leaves)
- Good pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar*
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock if not vegetarian)
- 2 heaped tbsp crème fraîche
- 250g rice quinoa pasta
- Handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Parmesan, shaved, to serve
- Fill large pot with water and bring to boil.
- In wok or large pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and thyme and turn heat up moderately high. Season with good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Stir mushrooms continually until they start to soften and brown.
- Add vinegar and stock. It should sizzle and reduce until there is just a little liquid in bottom of pan.
- Turn off heat and stir through crème fraîche.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to packet directions until al dente.
- Once it’s cooked, strain and then add to mushroom sauce. Turn on heat and mix pasta through sauce to gently heat.
- Divide between four bowls and top with parsley and parmesan. Enjoy immediately.
- *If you don’t have sherry vinegar, replace it with 2 tbsp white wine.
Brussels Sprouts Fritters Recipe
These fritters would be perfect alongside a nice Sunday roast. They taste like a combination of Brussels sprouts and Yorkshire...
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....
Curry Spiced Trail Mix Recipe
Snack time just became a whole lot more interesting thanks to this Curry Spiced Trail Mix: the perfect combination of...
Butter Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Cauliflower and sweet potato add such abundant nutrition to this traditional curry dish with a twist. Both vegetables are rich...