Mushroom, Walnut and Thyme Pâté with Sourdough Recipe
Make a batch of pâté and place it in a jar with an airtight lid. You can use it as a delicious spread for sandwiches and wraps for the family’s lunches.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large mushroom or 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1½ cups cooked Puy or brown lentils
- Handful fresh parsley, leaves only, plus extra to garnish
- 4 tbsp miso paste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- Heat pan over high heat. Add walnuts and toast for a few mins, then remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add mushroom and sauté until soft and brown, then add mirin and stir well.
- In blender or food processor, add toasted walnuts, thyme leaves, cooked lentils, parsley, mushroom mix and miso paste. Process to smooth mixture and place in bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- To serve, place toasted sourdough on board or plate, top with pâté, cherry tomato slices and parsley leaves.
- Note: The pâté will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge.
A Q&A with Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, the co-founders of Ulu Hye
We speak to Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, co-founders of Ulu Hye, a brand offering non-dairy mylk bases — with...
No-Bake Berry Cake Recipe
The no-bake method of cake making allows you to use raw whole food ingredients that make you feel lighter and...
Healthy Vegan Lettuce and Chickpea Wraps Recipe
Spoon a third of a cup of the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and serve, as finger food. The...