Mushroom, Walnut and Thyme Pâté with Sourdough Recipe
Make a batch of pâté and place it in a jar with an airtight lid. You can use it as a delicious spread for sandwiches and wraps for the family’s lunches.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large mushroom or 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1½ cups cooked Puy or brown lentils
- Handful fresh parsley, leaves only, plus extra to garnish
- 4 tbsp miso paste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- Heat pan over high heat. Add walnuts and toast for a few mins, then remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add mushroom and sauté until soft and brown, then add mirin and stir well.
- In blender or food processor, add toasted walnuts, thyme leaves, cooked lentils, parsley, mushroom mix and miso paste. Process to smooth mixture and place in bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- To serve, place toasted sourdough on board or plate, top with pâté, cherry tomato slices and parsley leaves.
- Note: The pâté will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Cauliflower, Chickpea and Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’...