Mushroom, Walnut and Thyme Pâté with Sourdough Recipe
Make a batch of pâté and place it in a jar with an airtight lid. You can use it as a delicious spread for sandwiches and wraps for the family’s lunches.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large mushroom or 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1½ cups cooked Puy or brown lentils
- Handful fresh parsley, leaves only, plus extra to garnish
- 4 tbsp miso paste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- Heat pan over high heat. Add walnuts and toast for a few mins, then remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add mushroom and sauté until soft and brown, then add mirin and stir well.
- In blender or food processor, add toasted walnuts, thyme leaves, cooked lentils, parsley, mushroom mix and miso paste. Process to smooth mixture and place in bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- To serve, place toasted sourdough on board or plate, top with pâté, cherry tomato slices and parsley leaves.
- Note: The pâté will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...