Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and bake in the oven until crisp on the outside. They make the best burgers.
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 800mL vegan chicken-style stock
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 10 button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 large Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced in small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Soak porcini mushrooms for 10 mins in cup of water. Strain mushrooms, keeping liquid, and chop mushrooms.
- Place stock in saucepan and bring to boil, then turn off. Heat another saucepan on medium heat, add celery and rice. Stir for 1 min until rice starts to become translucent. Reduce heat to very low.
- Add chopped porcini mushrooms and mushroom liquid, stir until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding ½ cup stock and stir until absorbed (it will take about 30 mins).
- Meanwhile, heat frying pan on high heat. Add mushroom (need to do it in batches so you have space between mushrooms in pan). Sauté mushroom in dry pan (no oil) for few mins and remove. Add next batch and continue until all mushrooms are sautéed.
- Add zucchini to pan and dry-sauté until soft. Add cooked mushrooms, garlic and spinach to pan with zucchini, add 2 tbsp water and toss until water is evaporated.
- To serve, divide cooked risotto into 4 bowls, top with mushroom mixture and season with freshly ground salt and pepper and squeeze of lemon.
Dutch Carrot Soup with Crunchy Chickpeas Recipes
Cultivators of the carrot, it seems only fitting to dedicate a Dutch style recipe to the humble but mighty orange...
Brussels Sprout Curry Recipe
Not everyone loves Brussels sprouts but these mini cabbages floating in a rich, warming curry sauce make for a delicious...
Parmesan Baked Brussels and Broccolini Recipe
This recipe is quick, wholesome and absolutely bursting with flavour! Delicious served with your choice of protein or as a...
Brussels Sprouts Fritters Recipe
These fritters would be perfect alongside a nice Sunday roast. They taste like a combination of Brussels sprouts and Yorkshire...