Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and bake in the oven until crisp on the outside. They make the best burgers.
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 800mL vegan chicken-style stock
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 10 button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 large Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced in small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Soak porcini mushrooms for 10 mins in cup of water. Strain mushrooms, keeping liquid, and chop mushrooms.
- Place stock in saucepan and bring to boil, then turn off. Heat another saucepan on medium heat, add celery and rice. Stir for 1 min until rice starts to become translucent. Reduce heat to very low.
- Add chopped porcini mushrooms and mushroom liquid, stir until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding ½ cup stock and stir until absorbed (it will take about 30 mins).
- Meanwhile, heat frying pan on high heat. Add mushroom (need to do it in batches so you have space between mushrooms in pan). Sauté mushroom in dry pan (no oil) for few mins and remove. Add next batch and continue until all mushrooms are sautéed.
- Add zucchini to pan and dry-sauté until soft. Add cooked mushrooms, garlic and spinach to pan with zucchini, add 2 tbsp water and toss until water is evaporated.
- To serve, divide cooked risotto into 4 bowls, top with mushroom mixture and season with freshly ground salt and pepper and squeeze of lemon.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...