This easy Indonesian dish is a great way to use up leftover rice and vegies. Try adding in other vegetables like sweet corn, broccoli, cauliflower or snow peas. You can also substitute the rice for quinoa.
- Olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 shallots, sliced, plus more to garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch chilli flakes or sliced fresh chilli
- 2 heaped cups cooked brown jasmine rice
- 2 tsp tamari
- Small handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice ½ lime
- Handful bean sprouts
- 2 eggs, fried
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- Shallots, chopped, to serve
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add carrot, celery, cabbage, shallots, garlic, turmeric, cumin, ginger and chilli, and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add rice, tamari, coriander, lime juice and bean sprouts and cook for 2 mins until rice is heated through.
- Divide rice between two plates, top with fried egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds and shallots.
Plant-Based Buckwheat Crêpes with Strawberries Recipe
Amazing how easy it is to swap to plant-based recipes without ever feeling you’re missing out, and these buckwheat crepes...
Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Packed with gluten-free goodness, these banana & oat breakfast muffins have the perfect balance of protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...