No-Bake Berry Cake Recipe
The no-bake method of cake making allows you to use raw whole food ingredients that when you eat them, make you feel lighter and healthier.
- Cake Base
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 16 medjool dates, soaked for 1 hour then drained
- 10 dried figs, soaked for 1 hour then drained
- Strawberry Cream
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight or in boiling water for 20 mins then drained
- 12 frozen strawberries
- 12 frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 frozen bananas
- ½ cup soy milk water
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup water
- Place dry base ingredients in blender and blend to fine powder, then place in bowl.
- Add drained dates and figs to blender and blend to sticky puree. Place almond meal mixture back in blender with dates and fig puree and blend well to sticky dough. Place dough in base of lined springform cake tin lined with baking paper and press to create even base.
- To make strawberry cream, place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour strawberry cream over date/nut base and tap tin to remove air bubbles from inside cream, then smooth top. Place cake in freezer for 1 hour.
- Place 1 cup mixed frozen berries in blender with ½ cup water. Blend to sauce and pour over top of cake. Distribute remaining cup of mixed frozen berries over top of cake for decoration. Cover cake tin with foil (not touching top of cake) and place on level surface in freezer for at least 4 hours. Once firm enough, remove cake and place on plate ready to enjoy.
- Store cake, covered, in freezer until required and eat within one week. Remove from freezer 15 mins before serving.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...