No-Bake Berry Cake Recipe
The no-bake method of cake making allows you to use raw whole food ingredients that when you eat them, make you feel lighter and healthier.
- Cake Base
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 16 medjool dates, soaked for 1 hour then drained
- 10 dried figs, soaked for 1 hour then drained
- Strawberry Cream
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight or in boiling water for 20 mins then drained
- 12 frozen strawberries
- 12 frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 frozen bananas
- ½ cup soy milk water
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup water
- Place dry base ingredients in blender and blend to fine powder, then place in bowl.
- Add drained dates and figs to blender and blend to sticky puree. Place almond meal mixture back in blender with dates and fig puree and blend well to sticky dough. Place dough in base of lined springform cake tin lined with baking paper and press to create even base.
- To make strawberry cream, place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour strawberry cream over date/nut base and tap tin to remove air bubbles from inside cream, then smooth top. Place cake in freezer for 1 hour.
- Place 1 cup mixed frozen berries in blender with ½ cup water. Blend to sauce and pour over top of cake. Distribute remaining cup of mixed frozen berries over top of cake for decoration. Cover cake tin with foil (not touching top of cake) and place on level surface in freezer for at least 4 hours. Once firm enough, remove cake and place on plate ready to enjoy.
- Store cake, covered, in freezer until required and eat within one week. Remove from freezer 15 mins before serving.
A Q&A with Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, the co-founders of Ulu Hye
We speak to Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, co-founders of Ulu Hye, a brand offering non-dairy mylk bases — with...
Mushroom, Walnut and Thyme Pâté with Sourdough Recipe
Make a batch of pâté and place it in a jar with an airtight lid. You can use it as...
Healthy Vegan Lettuce and Chickpea Wraps Recipe
Spoon a third of a cup of the chickpea filling into the lettuce leaves and serve, as finger food. The...