No-Bake Berry Cake Recipe
The no-bake method of cake making allows you to use raw whole food ingredients that when you eat them, make you feel lighter and healthier.
- Cake Base
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 16 medjool dates, soaked for 1 hour then drained
- 10 dried figs, soaked for 1 hour then drained
- Strawberry Cream
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight or in boiling water for 20 mins then drained
- 12 frozen strawberries
- 12 frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 frozen bananas
- ½ cup soy milk water
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup water
- Place dry base ingredients in blender and blend to fine powder, then place in bowl.
- Add drained dates and figs to blender and blend to sticky puree. Place almond meal mixture back in blender with dates and fig puree and blend well to sticky dough. Place dough in base of lined springform cake tin lined with baking paper and press to create even base.
- To make strawberry cream, place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour strawberry cream over date/nut base and tap tin to remove air bubbles from inside cream, then smooth top. Place cake in freezer for 1 hour.
- Place 1 cup mixed frozen berries in blender with ½ cup water. Blend to sauce and pour over top of cake. Distribute remaining cup of mixed frozen berries over top of cake for decoration. Cover cake tin with foil (not touching top of cake) and place on level surface in freezer for at least 4 hours. Once firm enough, remove cake and place on plate ready to enjoy.
- Store cake, covered, in freezer until required and eat within one week. Remove from freezer 15 mins before serving.
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Cauliflower, Chickpea and Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’...