Omelette with Lebanese Pickled Turnips and Micro Herbs Recipe
You’ll need to start this recipe 1 week ahead to make the pickled turnips. Alternatively, you can buy them from a Middle Eastern grocer.
- 2 small turnips, peeled & sliced into 4cm batons
- ¼ beetroot, peeled & sliced into 4cm batons
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 375mL cold water
- 1½ tbsp pink salt
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp labne
- ½ cup micro herbs
- Cold-pressed olive oil, to garnish
- First, pickle turnips. Sterilise a 700mL jar with lid (or 2 smaller ones) in dishwasher or low oven. Place turnips, beetroot and garlic in jar.
- Place vinegar, water and salt in jug and mix well until salt dissolves. Pour into jar to fill to top. You might have some left over — discard. Seal with lid and put in cool, dark place for 7–10 days. Once opened, store in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Crack 3 eggs in bowl and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper. Heat ½ tbsp butter in frying pan over medium heat. Pour in eggs. When set around edges, gently drag cooked mixture to centre and tilt pan so raw egg runs into its place. Once set all over, fold in half and keep warm under foil. Repeat to make 3 more omelettes.
- Place omelettes on serving plates. Top with spoonful of labne, micro herbs, pickled turnip and drizzle of olive oil.
Fish for the brain & capers for the heart: Here's the latest in health research
From plant-based diets to cinnamon's effects on blood sugar levels and the benefits of eating fish for your brain health,...
Detox Teabag Box - Byron Bay Tea Company
Cleanse, revitalise and feel great with this zesty blend of bitter and sweet herbs, and warming spices.
Calming Leaf Box - Byron Bay Tea Company
An exquisite, soothing evening tea combining Chamomile, Passionflower and Lime flower with Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon.
Immunity Leaf Tin - Byron Bay Tea Company
A healthy, refreshing tea for busy people to enjoy any time of the day or when you need that gentle...