One-Pot Greek Oregano Chicken with Risoni Recipe
I remember eating a similar dish at a local taverna in Sifnos, a Greek island, many moons ago. There’s something about the combination of chicken with lemon, thyme and oregano that’s simple yet so delicious. Try to use lemon thyme if it’s available to really bring out the flavour. I like cooking the lemons to accentuate their natural juices, but they can also be used at room temperature if you prefer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 lemons, halved
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups uncooked risoni
- 50g Kalamata olives, pitted
- Sprig lemon thyme
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together half of oil, garlic and oregano then add chicken and stir until well coated. Leave to marinate in fridge for 1–2 hours if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using flame-proof dish, cook lemons cut-side down until golden, then take off heat.
- Using same dish, heat remaining oil over medium heat, then add chicken and cook for approx. 4 mins each side until browned and slightly crisp. Season well with salt and pepper then bake for 20 mins.
- Pour stock and wine over chicken then add risoni into liquid. Add lemons to pan and cook for another 10–15 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Rest for 5 mins then top with olives and lemon thyme. Serve immediately.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Fig, Hazelnut and Goat’s Cheese Tart Recipe
This tart is the perfect bring-along if you’re invited to dinner and want to contribute a dessert with some wow...
Chicken and Thyme Pot Pies Recipe
Pies are one of my favourite ways to add comfort during the autumn and winter months. I feel a little...
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....