One-Pot Greek Oregano Chicken with Risoni Recipe
I remember eating a similar dish at a local taverna in Sifnos, a Greek island, many moons ago. There’s something about the combination of chicken with lemon, thyme and oregano that’s simple yet so delicious. Try to use lemon thyme if it’s available to really bring out the flavour. I like cooking the lemons to accentuate their natural juices, but they can also be used at room temperature if you prefer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 lemons, halved
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups uncooked risoni
- 50g Kalamata olives, pitted
- Sprig lemon thyme
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together half of oil, garlic and oregano then add chicken and stir until well coated. Leave to marinate in fridge for 1–2 hours if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using flame-proof dish, cook lemons cut-side down until golden, then take off heat.
- Using same dish, heat remaining oil over medium heat, then add chicken and cook for approx. 4 mins each side until browned and slightly crisp. Season well with salt and pepper then bake for 20 mins.
- Pour stock and wine over chicken then add risoni into liquid. Add lemons to pan and cook for another 10–15 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Rest for 5 mins then top with olives and lemon thyme. Serve immediately.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...