One-Pot Greek Oregano Chicken with Risoni Recipe
I remember eating a similar dish at a local taverna in Sifnos, a Greek island, many moons ago. There’s something about the combination of chicken with lemon, thyme and oregano that’s simple yet so delicious. Try to use lemon thyme if it’s available to really bring out the flavour. I like cooking the lemons to accentuate their natural juices, but they can also be used at room temperature if you prefer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 lemons, halved
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups uncooked risoni
- 50g Kalamata olives, pitted
- Sprig lemon thyme
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together half of oil, garlic and oregano then add chicken and stir until well coated. Leave to marinate in fridge for 1–2 hours if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using flame-proof dish, cook lemons cut-side down until golden, then take off heat.
- Using same dish, heat remaining oil over medium heat, then add chicken and cook for approx. 4 mins each side until browned and slightly crisp. Season well with salt and pepper then bake for 20 mins.
- Pour stock and wine over chicken then add risoni into liquid. Add lemons to pan and cook for another 10–15 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Rest for 5 mins then top with olives and lemon thyme. Serve immediately.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...