One-Tray Burrito Bake
My family adores this one-tray Mexican feast, and I love making it because it’s so quick and easy and there’s just one tray to wash up. The variety of ingredients makes this a nutrient-dense meal, and leftovers are really delicious too.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1kg skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 2 cobs corn, kernels removed
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 700g passata
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 425g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grated cheese
- To Serve: 2 tomatoes, seeded & diced, 1 bunch coriander, 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced 2 tbsp jalapeños(optional)
- Juice 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In large baking tray, place onion, garlic, chicken, vegetables, spices, seasoning and rice.
- Pour over passata and broth or stock, and mix well to combine flavours and ingredients.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and place in oven for 30 mins. Uncover, mix in beans, top with cheese and bake uncovered for another 20–30 mins.
- Remove from oven and scatter over fresh tomato, coriander leaves, spring onions and avocado (and optional jalapeños). Squeeze over lime juice.
One-Pan Crunchy Chickpea Pesto Potato & Brussels Sprouts
One-pan bakes are some of the best ways to be resourceful and sustainable in the way you eat, using up...
One-Pan Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower & Beans with Harissa Yoghurt
The hearty nature of the cauliflower “steaks” accompanied by the carrots and beans makes this a really substantial meal without...
Chicken Satay Tray Bake
This delicious tray bake is super-tasty and easy to make. I love satay chicken but I can never be bothered...