Oven-Baked Pea Falafels with Yoghurt and Tahini Sauce Recipe
These oven-baked falafels are a healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried varieties. Legumes are a wonderful source of dietary fibre and protein, along with zinc, iron and B vitamins.
Makes: 14 falafels
- 100g ground nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 100g peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Small handful coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Blitz pepitas in food processor until small pieces. Place pepita pieces in small bowl.
- Place all ingredients (except sauce ingredients) in food processor and blend until well combined, but still a little chunky.
- Roll into small balls, then roll in pepitas.
- Place on baking tray with baking paper and bake for 40 mins, turning after 20 mins.
- Blend all sauce ingredients together in small bowl and serve with falafels.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...