Oven-Baked Pea Falafels with Yoghurt and Tahini Sauce Recipe
These oven-baked falafels are a healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried varieties. Legumes are a wonderful source of dietary fibre and protein, along with zinc, iron and B vitamins.
Makes: 14 falafels
- 100g ground nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 100g peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Small handful coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Blitz pepitas in food processor until small pieces. Place pepita pieces in small bowl.
- Place all ingredients (except sauce ingredients) in food processor and blend until well combined, but still a little chunky.
- Roll into small balls, then roll in pepitas.
- Place on baking tray with baking paper and bake for 40 mins, turning after 20 mins.
- Blend all sauce ingredients together in small bowl and serve with falafels.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...