Oven-Baked Pea Falafels with Yoghurt and Tahini Sauce Recipe
These oven-baked falafels are a healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried varieties. Legumes are a wonderful source of dietary fibre and protein, along with zinc, iron and B vitamins.
Makes: 14 falafels
- 100g ground nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 100g peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Small handful coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Blitz pepitas in food processor until small pieces. Place pepita pieces in small bowl.
- Place all ingredients (except sauce ingredients) in food processor and blend until well combined, but still a little chunky.
- Roll into small balls, then roll in pepitas.
- Place on baking tray with baking paper and bake for 40 mins, turning after 20 mins.
- Blend all sauce ingredients together in small bowl and serve with falafels.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Gluten-Free Strawberry Strudel Recipe
This is a healthy gluten-free version of a traditional German strudel. If you can, make your own healthy pastry instead...
Lemon and Berry Pancakes Recipe
These Gluten-free Healthy Lemon and Berry Pancakes remind use of a lemon and berry cheesecake. They taste so good!
Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. Plus, the...
Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
In this dish, be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli...