Oven-Baked Pea Falafels with Yoghurt and Tahini Sauce Recipe
These oven-baked falafels are a healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried varieties. Legumes are a wonderful source of dietary fibre and protein, along with zinc, iron and B vitamins.
Makes: 14 falafels
- 100g ground nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 100g peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Small handful coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Blitz pepitas in food processor until small pieces. Place pepita pieces in small bowl.
- Place all ingredients (except sauce ingredients) in food processor and blend until well combined, but still a little chunky.
- Roll into small balls, then roll in pepitas.
- Place on baking tray with baking paper and bake for 40 mins, turning after 20 mins.
- Blend all sauce ingredients together in small bowl and serve with falafels.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...