Oven-Baked Pea Falafels with Yoghurt and Tahini Sauce Recipe
These oven-baked falafels are a healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried varieties. Legumes are a wonderful source of dietary fibre and protein, along with zinc, iron and B vitamins.
Makes: 14 falafels
- 100g ground nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 100g peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Small handful coriander, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Blitz pepitas in food processor until small pieces. Place pepita pieces in small bowl.
- Place all ingredients (except sauce ingredients) in food processor and blend until well combined, but still a little chunky.
- Roll into small balls, then roll in pepitas.
- Place on baking tray with baking paper and bake for 40 mins, turning after 20 mins.
- Blend all sauce ingredients together in small bowl and serve with falafels.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...