Oven-Baked Vegie Fritters
These tasty veggie fritters are loaded with dietary fibre for good bowel health, beta-carotene for healthy vision and complex carbohydrates to fuel your brain and body. They’re delicious served with your favourite dipping sauce or tzatziki, or as an addition to your next veggie burger.
Makes: 10 fritters
- 3 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 organic egg
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Wash and scrub potatoes well, and then shred with skins on to retain nutrients and flavour.
- Using tea towel, squeeze out as much excess water as possible from potatoes, carrots and zucchini, to ensure fritters are crispy.
- In large bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Form balls of around ¼ cup size. Place on baking tray and flatten with fork.
- Bake for 20 mins, then flip and bake for a further 15 mins, until crispy and cooked through.
- Serve topped with fresh herbs and small dish of dipping sauce.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Give sugar the flick with this honey-sweetened lemon tart: you’ll never look back. If you are a real honey fan...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...