Overnight Banoffee Pie with Chia and Oats Recipe
This is my new favourite breakfast! So delicious, creamy, flavourful and everything you need to start your day in a balanced and nourished way.
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 1 date
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut milk, nut milk or milk of choice
- ¼ cup pecans, lightly toasted
- Place oats and chia seeds in bowl and add milk and vanilla.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight.
- Mash ¾ of banana and stir through oat mix.
- To make caramel, soak date in hot water for a few minutes until soft.
- Remove pip and mash with fork on plate. Mash almond butter and sea salt into date. Add coconut milk and mash/stir though to a sticky caramel consistency.
- Top oat/chia mix with caramel, pecans and remaining banana. Delicious!
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...
Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a...
Brown Rice Noodles and Vegetables in Timut Pepper Broth Recipe
Timut pepper gives this dish a warm glow and an incredible depth of flavour like nothing else I’ve cooked with...
Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Green pancakes? This an example of how greens can be included in dishes where you may have thought this wasn’t...