Overnight Chia Hemp and Carrot Cake Brekky Bowl Recipe
Having breakfast ready and waiting to go is one of the easiest ways to kick off good nutrition for the day. I’ve incorporated a variety of ingredients in this flavourful breakfast including nutrient-dense hemp seeds to add valuable plant-based proteins to the meal. You can play around with the flavours, fruits and spices but I think this carrot-cake style will knock your breakfast socks off!
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 100g carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 tbsp honey or rice malt for vegan option
- 200g coconut yoghurt
- Fresh red apple, sliced
- Combine buckwheat, hemp, chia, coconut, sultanas, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in large bowl and mix well. Add water, milk, carrot and sweetener of choice and mix again.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight to soak.
- Serve with dollop of coconut yoghurt and sliced red apple.
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Iron-boosting Eggplant and Spinach Lasagne Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good lasagne? Even better, who doesn’t love a gluten-free vegie-loaded lasagne? The addition of frozen spinach...
Iron-rich (No) Meatballs with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
(No) meat, no worries! Iron, in the form of non-haem iron, can be found in plant-based foods too so don’t...