Overnight Chia Hemp and Carrot Cake Brekky Bowl Recipe
Having breakfast ready and waiting to go is one of the easiest ways to kick off good nutrition for the day. I’ve incorporated a variety of ingredients in this flavourful breakfast including nutrient-dense hemp seeds to add valuable plant-based proteins to the meal. You can play around with the flavours, fruits and spices but I think this carrot-cake style will knock your breakfast socks off!
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 100g carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 tbsp honey or rice malt for vegan option
- 200g coconut yoghurt
- Fresh red apple, sliced
- Combine buckwheat, hemp, chia, coconut, sultanas, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in large bowl and mix well. Add water, milk, carrot and sweetener of choice and mix again.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight to soak.
- Serve with dollop of coconut yoghurt and sliced red apple.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...