Overnight Chia Hemp and Carrot Cake Brekky Bowl Recipe
Having breakfast ready and waiting to go is one of the easiest ways to kick off good nutrition for the day. I’ve incorporated a variety of ingredients in this flavourful breakfast including nutrient-dense hemp seeds to add valuable plant-based proteins to the meal. You can play around with the flavours, fruits and spices but I think this carrot-cake style will knock your breakfast socks off!
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 100g carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 tbsp honey or rice malt for vegan option
- 200g coconut yoghurt
- Fresh red apple, sliced
- Combine buckwheat, hemp, chia, coconut, sultanas, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in large bowl and mix well. Add water, milk, carrot and sweetener of choice and mix again.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight to soak.
- Serve with dollop of coconut yoghurt and sliced red apple.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...