Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. You can replace the pear with thinly sliced apple if you prefer.
Makes: 4 large pancakes
- 3 pears, cored & thinly sliced
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- Add sliced pear to bowl and drizzle with lemon juice, then set aside.
- To another bowl, add egg and almond milk and beat until combined. Gradually add buckwheat flour, tapioca flour and cinnamon and whisk continuously to smooth pancake batter.
- Add small amount of butter to large frypan and heat over medium heat. Pour in enough batter to coat bottom of pan. Immediately place about 6 pear slices in batter and push down slightly. Cook for 1 minute this side then carefully flip pancake and cook for a further 1 minute on other side. Continue process until you have used up batter and pear mix.
- Serve pancakes with Greek yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and another pinch of cinnamon.
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Coconut & Almond Porridge Recipe
This super-comforting porridge is perfect for a light and healthy breakfast. Enjoy our Coconut & Almond Porridge recipe!
Turkish-Style Eggs Recipe
EatWell chef Raquel Neofit learnt this recipe from a good Turkish friend about 20 years ago. Enjoy her take on...