Pesto Chicken Roll-ups Recipe
Chicken is an excellent source of protein. It’s a particularly good source of the amino acid tryptophan, which is needed to make serotonin and melatonin, two of the brain’s calming and sleep-inducing neurotransmitters. Choose organic chicken when you can.
Makes: 12–14 rolls
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthways
- Sea salt & pepper
- ⅓ cup pesto
- Grated parmesan
- Dash olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lay chicken out flat on chopping board and cover in plastic wrap or place flat in plastic ziplock bags. Pound flat and season both sides with sea salt and pepper.
- Spoon pesto on each fillet and spread evenly, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Roll chicken and secure with toothpick.
- Add olive oil to frying pan and over medium heat, sear chicken on both sides and place in ovenproof dish.
- Place in oven, covered, for 25–30 mins.
- Once cooked, cut into slices with toothpick through top of each one.
Hemp and Chickpea Hummus Recipe
Hemp is the perfect protein source for vegetarians and vegans. Try out our hemp and chickpea hummus recipe!
Black Bean Noodle Stir-Fry Recipe
Did you know black bean noodles are a wonderful ingredient and a great source of protein? Try out the Black...
Asparagus with Tahini and Hemp Yoghurt Recipe
The combination of coconut and tahini offers a plant-based protein punch from hemp seeds and asparagus. Try it today!
Buckwheat Broccolini Bowl Recipe
Combined with seeds, mushrooms and broccolini, this is extremely nutritious and a very high-protein plant-based meal.