Pesto Chicken Roll-ups Recipe
Chicken is an excellent source of protein. It’s a particularly good source of the amino acid tryptophan, which is needed to make serotonin and melatonin, two of the brain’s calming and sleep-inducing neurotransmitters. Choose organic chicken when you can.
Makes: 12–14 rolls
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthways
- Sea salt & pepper
- ⅓ cup pesto
- Grated parmesan
- Dash olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lay chicken out flat on chopping board and cover in plastic wrap or place flat in plastic ziplock bags. Pound flat and season both sides with sea salt and pepper.
- Spoon pesto on each fillet and spread evenly, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Roll chicken and secure with toothpick.
- Add olive oil to frying pan and over medium heat, sear chicken on both sides and place in ovenproof dish.
- Place in oven, covered, for 25–30 mins.
- Once cooked, cut into slices with toothpick through top of each one.
The healing properties of acai berries
Native to Brazil, acai berries pack an antioxidant punch that yields an array of health benefits.
A guide to edible native Australian plants
Australia is blessed with a plethora of edible native plants. Many of these lesser-known Indigenous delights can be used in...
Discover the health benefits of the humble green bean
Green beans are actually the unripe fruit and fruit pods of the “common bean”. While they may be common, green...
Are you ready to join the coconut craze?
You see them everywhere — cracked open and ready to drink at fresh food markets and cold-pressed into jars at...