Turkish Eggs with Chilli and Oregano Butter Recipe
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill plus sprigs for serving
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 large slices sourdough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Combine the Greek yoghurt, dill, ½ the garlic, ¼ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, and pinch of black pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add sesame seeds, oregano, chilli flakes and a pinch of sea salt and cook in the pan until fragrant and golden, about 4 mins. Remove from heat. Place the sourdough on a baking sheet, brush both sides with oil, crushed garlic and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring 2-3 inches of water to a gentle simmer in a large frying pan. Crack 4 eggs into the water and poach until the whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3-4 mins. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer cooked eggs to paper towels to drain. Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs.
- To serve, dollop a few spoonfuls of the Greek yoghurt mixture to the centre of the sourdough, top with poached eggs, mint, and the chilli and oregano butter.
- Tip: When poaching eggs in a shallow pan, ladle hot water over the top to assist the cooking process. Be gentle and don’t agitate them too much; softly, softly is the best approach.
Miso Poached Eggs Recipe
These poached eggs are an extremely delicate way to use miso. It certainly doesn’t punch you in the face with...
Kale & Potato Hash
Home cooking with kale and eggs. Kale contains high levels of sulphur compounds essential for liver detoxification of carcinogens. Eggs...
Eggs are back on the menu and other health news
The latest in health news from eating eggs to the link between sleep and weight gain.