Pork and Apple Sausage Rolls Recipe
Tasty sausage rolls always go down well at any party and they are super-simple to make. They can also be made ahead and simply baked just before serving — perfect for entertaining.
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 small carrot, grated
- Handful parsley or baby spinach
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Good pinch sea salt
- Grind black pepper
- 500g free-range pork mince
- 2 sheets puff pastry (I recommend an all-butter puff pastry)
- Splash milk (to brush pastry)
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In food processor, grate onion, garlic, apple, carrot and baby spinach. Alternatively, grate/finely chop by hand.
- Mix together with thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and pork mince until well combined.
- Halve each sheet of puff pastry and divide evenly between the 4 pieces.
- Roll and pinch together seam, placing it facing down on baking tray.
- Brush with milk, sprinkle with chia seeds and bake for 30 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden-brown.
- Enjoy immediately.
Watch now: WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about the thyroid gland
WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about the thyroid gland and the important role it plays in...
Watch now: WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about a healthy maintenance plan
WellBeing's editor-in-chief, Terry Robson, speaks to Dr Sandra Cabot about a healthy maintenance plan.
Sponsor Recipes: Magimix share three delicious recipes for winter
Discover the delicious creations you can make with Magimix plus three delicious recipes!
Sponsor Recipes: Pearl River Bridge share four healthy winter dishes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Pearl River Bridge Soy Sauce.