Pork and Apple Sausage Rolls Recipe
Tasty sausage rolls always go down well at any party and they are super-simple to make. They can also be made ahead and simply baked just before serving — perfect for entertaining.
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 small carrot, grated
- Handful parsley or baby spinach
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Good pinch sea salt
- Grind black pepper
- 500g free-range pork mince
- 2 sheets puff pastry (I recommend an all-butter puff pastry)
- Splash milk (to brush pastry)
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In food processor, grate onion, garlic, apple, carrot and baby spinach. Alternatively, grate/finely chop by hand.
- Mix together with thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and pork mince until well combined.
- Halve each sheet of puff pastry and divide evenly between the 4 pieces.
- Roll and pinch together seam, placing it facing down on baking tray.
- Brush with milk, sprinkle with chia seeds and bake for 30 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden-brown.
- Enjoy immediately.
Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
Beetroot greens are not to be underestimated. They are rich in antioxidants, potassium, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, vitamin A, calcium...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...
Vegetable Marrakesh Casserole Recipe
Root vegetables are stars of the spiced casserole! Sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot are simmered in Moroccan-inspired flavours for a...
Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird share three delicious recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with The Bare Bird.