Prawn Dumpling Noodle Soup Recipe
This is a light and easy-to-make soup that’s perfect for the warmer months. If you’re not a fan of prawns, you can substitute them for fresh white fish which is just as delicious.
- 1.5L fish (or chicken) stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 5cm ginger, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, washed well
- 180g buckwheat soba noodles
- 200g raw prawn (flesh)
- ½ lime, zest
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp tapioca flour
- 2 spring onions, white part finely sliced
- Coriander leaves, picked off the stems
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- In a medium-sized pot, bring the stock, kaffir lime leaves, ginger, garlic and fish sauce to the boil. After 1 min remove from the heat, cover with a lid and allow the flavours to infuse.
- To make the dumplings, add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend to a rough paste. Form into golf ball sized balls.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the soba noodles. Boil until they are just cooked, strain and divide between four bowls.
- Strain the solids from the stock and reheat it to simmer. Add the dumplings and cook for 2-3 mins or until they feel just firm. Remove them from the stock and divide between the serving bowls.
- Add the bok choy to the stock and blanch that for 1-2 mins or until it starts to wilt. Mix in the lime juice. Divide the bok choy and the stock between the bowls.
- Garnish and enjoy immediately.
Thai-Spiced Carrot Soup Recipe
Topped with a sprinkle of peppery micro coriander, this Thai-spiced carrot soup for a vibrant yet comforting dish you can...
Macadamia, Garlic & Parsnip Soup Recipe
This vegetarian soup is perfect for winter meals, offering a dairy-free dinner alternative with dreamy flavour and plenty of nutrient-rich...
Hart & Soul Thai Style Chicken Pho
Wholesome broth bursting with Thai aromatics, shredded chicken & Konjac noodles. Inspired by the soup traditionally served from boats on...
Healing Chicken Soup
This healing chicken soup is one of the most nutritious and nourishing meals around, perfect for when you feel run...