Pull-apart Green Bread
This outrageous green beauty has recently become a brand-new staple in my supercharged kitchen. It’s the perfect pull-apart bread to tear and share, and fantastic for a healthy and hearty breakfast with an endless variety of toppings or leftovers. Packed with greens and fresh herbs, it’s also a good sandwich option, and one that’s simple to make. Experiment with your favourite herbs and seasonings. I enjoy mine topped with avocado, hummus and oven-roasted tomatoes.
Makes: 1 loaf
- 500g gluten-free self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Large handful baby spinach leaves
- 3 kale leaves, spines removed
- Handful chives, snipped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds + extra to decorate
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 270mL coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line 9cm × 30cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Blitz spinach and kale in food processor (or chop finely) and add to bowl, along with remaining ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into prepared loaf tin and level surface with back of a spoon dipped in cold water.
- Bake on middle shelf of oven for about 45 mins, until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Halfway through cooking, scatter extra sunflower seeds on top.
- Turn out onto cake rack to cool, then serve with smashed avocado, tomatoes and hummus.
- Tip: This bread will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge, or can be frozen for up to 1 month.
9 tips for longevity from the Blue Zones
Blue Zones are regions of the planet where a high proportion of people live to be over 100 years old....
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...