Pumpkin, Basil and Buckwheat Risotto Recipe
The traditional rice-based risotto has been given a wholesome twist in this recipe. The buckwheat gives a divine nuttiness to the dish and complements the sweetness of roast pumpkin beautifully.
- 600g Jap pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- ¼ bunch basil, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 2 cups buckwheat groats
- 200g frozen or fresh spinach
- 1–1¼L vegetable stock
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and line large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place pumpkin pieces on tray, toss with about 2 tbsp olive oil, season and bake for 30 mins.
- While pumpkin is cooking, make risotto by heating remaining olive oil in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and basil stalks and cook for 3–4 mins, then add buckwheat and cook, stirring frequently, for further 5–6 mins.
- Reduce heat to low, add spinach and stock one cup at a time to buckwheat.
- Allow each cup to absorb before adding next cup and stir frequently.
- Once last cup of stock is poured into buckwheat, add pumpkin and stir gently, leaving just a touch of liquid remaining in risotto from final cup of stock.
- Tear basil leaves into risotto, season with sea salt and black pepper and serve.
Dutch Carrot Soup with Crunchy Chickpeas Recipes
Cultivators of the carrot, it seems only fitting to dedicate a Dutch style recipe to the humble but mighty orange...
Brussels Sprout Curry Recipe
Not everyone loves Brussels sprouts but these mini cabbages floating in a rich, warming curry sauce make for a delicious...
Parmesan Baked Brussels and Broccolini Recipe
This recipe is quick, wholesome and absolutely bursting with flavour! Delicious served with your choice of protein or as a...
Quinoa and Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
This is a nice fresh way to serve Brussels sprouts. The sprouts are raw so make sure you slice them...