Pumpkin, Basil and Buckwheat Risotto Recipe
The traditional rice-based risotto has been given a wholesome twist in this recipe. The buckwheat gives a divine nuttiness to the dish and complements the sweetness of roast pumpkin beautifully.
- 600g Jap pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- ¼ bunch basil, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 2 cups buckwheat groats
- 200g frozen or fresh spinach
- 1–1¼L vegetable stock
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and line large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place pumpkin pieces on tray, toss with about 2 tbsp olive oil, season and bake for 30 mins.
- While pumpkin is cooking, make risotto by heating remaining olive oil in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and basil stalks and cook for 3–4 mins, then add buckwheat and cook, stirring frequently, for further 5–6 mins.
- Reduce heat to low, add spinach and stock one cup at a time to buckwheat.
- Allow each cup to absorb before adding next cup and stir frequently.
- Once last cup of stock is poured into buckwheat, add pumpkin and stir gently, leaving just a touch of liquid remaining in risotto from final cup of stock.
- Tear basil leaves into risotto, season with sea salt and black pepper and serve.
Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner