Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe
You can add other vegies or nuts and seeds to this lovely, versatile curry. The warming spices are anti-inflammatory and supportive of the immune system and circulation. Plus, the whole family will love this Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, finely sliced or grated
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600–700g pumpkin, cut into 3–5cm pieces
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ¾–1 cup raw cashews
- 2 silverbeet leaves, roughly chopped, or a couple of handfuls of roughly chopped spinach
- Fresh chilli & coriander, to serve
- Add ghee to medium saucepan over medium heat and add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add salt, curry leaves and mustard seeds and cook for a couple of mins.
- Add turmeric and cinnamon and stir for ½ min until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, water and cashews and bring to simmer.
- Taste and add extra salt as desired.
- Cook for approx. 15–20 mins or until pumpkin is cooked through but not falling apart. Add silverbeet or spinach in last few mins of cooking time.
- Serve with plenty of chilli and fresh coriander, as desired.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...