Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe
You can add other vegies or nuts and seeds to this lovely, versatile curry. The warming spices are anti-inflammatory and supportive of the immune system and circulation. Plus, the whole family will love this Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, finely sliced or grated
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600–700g pumpkin, cut into 3–5cm pieces
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ¾–1 cup raw cashews
- 2 silverbeet leaves, roughly chopped, or a couple of handfuls of roughly chopped spinach
- Fresh chilli & coriander, to serve
- Add ghee to medium saucepan over medium heat and add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add salt, curry leaves and mustard seeds and cook for a couple of mins.
- Add turmeric and cinnamon and stir for ½ min until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, water and cashews and bring to simmer.
- Taste and add extra salt as desired.
- Cook for approx. 15–20 mins or until pumpkin is cooked through but not falling apart. Add silverbeet or spinach in last few mins of cooking time.
- Serve with plenty of chilli and fresh coriander, as desired.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...