Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe
You can add other vegies or nuts and seeds to this lovely, versatile curry. The warming spices are anti-inflammatory and supportive of the immune system and circulation. Plus, the whole family will love this Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, finely sliced or grated
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600–700g pumpkin, cut into 3–5cm pieces
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ¾–1 cup raw cashews
- 2 silverbeet leaves, roughly chopped, or a couple of handfuls of roughly chopped spinach
- Fresh chilli & coriander, to serve
- Add ghee to medium saucepan over medium heat and add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add salt, curry leaves and mustard seeds and cook for a couple of mins.
- Add turmeric and cinnamon and stir for ½ min until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, water and cashews and bring to simmer.
- Taste and add extra salt as desired.
- Cook for approx. 15–20 mins or until pumpkin is cooked through but not falling apart. Add silverbeet or spinach in last few mins of cooking time.
- Serve with plenty of chilli and fresh coriander, as desired.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...