Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe
You can add other vegies or nuts and seeds to this lovely, versatile curry. The warming spices are anti-inflammatory and supportive of the immune system and circulation. Plus, the whole family will love this Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, finely sliced or grated
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600–700g pumpkin, cut into 3–5cm pieces
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ¾–1 cup raw cashews
- 2 silverbeet leaves, roughly chopped, or a couple of handfuls of roughly chopped spinach
- Fresh chilli & coriander, to serve
- Add ghee to medium saucepan over medium heat and add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add salt, curry leaves and mustard seeds and cook for a couple of mins.
- Add turmeric and cinnamon and stir for ½ min until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, water and cashews and bring to simmer.
- Taste and add extra salt as desired.
- Cook for approx. 15–20 mins or until pumpkin is cooked through but not falling apart. Add silverbeet or spinach in last few mins of cooking time.
- Serve with plenty of chilli and fresh coriander, as desired.
Elderflower and Blackberry Chia Jam Recipe
Chia jam is one of the easiest recipes you’ll make. You can use any combination of berries, although it doesn’t...
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Pumpkin, Basil and Buckwheat Risotto Recipe
The traditional rice-based risotto has been given a wholesome twist in this recipe. The buckwheat gives a divine nuttiness to...