Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe
You can add other vegies or nuts and seeds to this lovely, versatile curry. The warming spices are anti-inflammatory and supportive of the immune system and circulation. Plus, the whole family will love this Pumpkin and Cashew Curry Recipe.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion, peeled & diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, finely sliced or grated
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600–700g pumpkin, cut into 3–5cm pieces
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ¾–1 cup raw cashews
- 2 silverbeet leaves, roughly chopped, or a couple of handfuls of roughly chopped spinach
- Fresh chilli & coriander, to serve
- Add ghee to medium saucepan over medium heat and add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onion is soft.
- Add salt, curry leaves and mustard seeds and cook for a couple of mins.
- Add turmeric and cinnamon and stir for ½ min until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, water and cashews and bring to simmer.
- Taste and add extra salt as desired.
- Cook for approx. 15–20 mins or until pumpkin is cooked through but not falling apart. Add silverbeet or spinach in last few mins of cooking time.
- Serve with plenty of chilli and fresh coriander, as desired.
Split Pea Pie with Sweet Potato Topping Recipes
A pastry-free alternative loaded with maximum comfort and nutrition. This would also work well with any leftover legume-based dish you...
Spinach Goat’s Cheese and Pine Nut Tarts Recipe
This tart is a trusty friend when you want to take something simple but special along to a potluck feast...
Mum's Ultimate Shepherd's Pie Recipe
This pie is a far cry from the basic meat and potato pie that most of us remember. The spices...
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice,...