Fast & Tasty Tomato Pasta with Olives & Baby Spinach Recipe
You don’t have to succumb to grabbing an unhealthy takeaway when you have a few quick recipes up your sleeve to call on when you get home from work. You can have a restaurant-quality dinner on the table in 20 minutes.
- 250 grams wholemeal or gluten-free spaghetti (dry weight)
- 8 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 tbsp vegan vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp capers
- 20 Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp sambal oelek (less or omit for less heat)
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast, to serve (optional)
- Place a pan of water on a high heat and once boiling, add the spaghetti.
- Into a high-powered blender, add the tomatoes, onion, garlic and sundried tomatoes, then blend to a purée.
- Heat a large frying pan on a high heat. Pour the purée into the hot frying pan and stir. If you need to add more water, use some of the cooking water from the pasta.
- Add the vegan stock powder and stir. Turn the heat down to low and let it simmer.
- Add the coconut sugar, Italian herbs, capers, olives and sambal oelek and stir.
- Add the spinach and stir through.
- Drain the spaghetti and add it to the pan, stir through.
- Serve in a bowl with nutritional yeast sprinkled over the top (optional).
Lavender Scones Recipe
Homemade scones, but not as you know them! Lavender turns this simple scone recipe into something else entirely with an...
Pappardelle with Garlic Mushrooms
This creamy vegetarian pappardelle will be a winner in your easy dinner rotation – perfect for family dinners and date...
3 vegan dessert delights to treat yourself to this week
Celebrate the last of the warm weather with these vegan desserts – ice-cream cake, popsicles and parfait made with Leda...
Mashed Potato & Greens with Onion Gravy Recipe
Served as a main or side to your favourite roast, this mashed potato medley is so easy to prepare for...