Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always have tinned tomatoes and beans in the cupboard so this dish can be thrown together at a moment’s notice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely diced
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 400g tin kidney beans or black beans, rinsed & strained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 tsp Mexican spice mix (available in spice section of supermarkets)
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 300g (approx.) good-quality corn or tortilla chips
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup natural or coconut yoghurt
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In medium-sized pot, place olive oil, onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes, kidney or black beans, carrot, celery and Mexican spice mix. Season to taste and simmer for 15 mins.
- While that simmers, put corn chips into a serving dish and top with the grated cheese. Place in oven for 10–15 mins until cheese has melted.
- Mash avocado then mix in natural or coconut yoghurt, lime juice, sea salt and pepper.
- By now chilli should be cooked and cheese melted over corn chips.
- Serve buffet style with leafy green salad dressed with lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...