Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go is essential. It saves money and ensures you make a great choice when away from your home kitchen.
- ½ cup sweet potato, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup cooked red rice
- Maple and Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- Juice 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 handful baby spinach
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- ½ radish, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup spiralised carrot
- ¼ cup spiralised zucchini
- ¼ cup microgreens/sprouts
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place potato on oven tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Place broccoli florets in steamer for 2–3 mins, drain and cool under running water. Set aside.
- Place dressing ingredients in jar with firm-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
- To assemble salad, place rice at bottom of jar and layer other ingredients into jar to form bands of colour.
- Pour dressing over salad. Mix well and serve.
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Cauliflower, Chickpea and Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’...