Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go is essential. It saves money and ensures you make a great choice when away from your home kitchen.
- ½ cup sweet potato, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup cooked red rice
- Maple and Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- Juice 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 handful baby spinach
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- ½ radish, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup spiralised carrot
- ¼ cup spiralised zucchini
- ¼ cup microgreens/sprouts
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place potato on oven tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Place broccoli florets in steamer for 2–3 mins, drain and cool under running water. Set aside.
- Place dressing ingredients in jar with firm-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
- To assemble salad, place rice at bottom of jar and layer other ingredients into jar to form bands of colour.
- Pour dressing over salad. Mix well and serve.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...