Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go is essential. It saves money and ensures you make a great choice when away from your home kitchen.
- ½ cup sweet potato, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup cooked red rice
- Maple and Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- Juice 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 handful baby spinach
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- ½ radish, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup spiralised carrot
- ¼ cup spiralised zucchini
- ¼ cup microgreens/sprouts
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place potato on oven tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Place broccoli florets in steamer for 2–3 mins, drain and cool under running water. Set aside.
- Place dressing ingredients in jar with firm-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
- To assemble salad, place rice at bottom of jar and layer other ingredients into jar to form bands of colour.
- Pour dressing over salad. Mix well and serve.
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...