Rainbow Slaw Salad
This colourful salad is light, fresh and zingy. The trick, I believe, is to try to cut all of the ingredients into similar-sized juliennes or matchsticks. You can get some great julienne peelers these days that will make light work of the job. I love serving this with chicken.
Serves: 4–5, as a side
- 8cm piece jicama, julienned
- ⅛ red cabbage, julienned
- 1 stick celery, julienned
- 12 snow peas, strings removed & julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- Small handful parsley, roughly chopped, a few leaves reserved to garnish
- Freshly ground pepper & salt, to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- Combine all veggies in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over olive oil and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Tip: This salad works great with a mayonnaise or yogurt dressing too. Swap out the olive oil for your favourite mayo or yogurt and add the juice of a lemon.
Crispy Chickpea Kale Salad Recipe
This leafy kale salad is a great plant-based source of iron, packed with plenty of antioxidants and added crunch to...
Quick kitchen: Vegan Lentil Moussaka
If you’re looking for a recipe that brings both comfort and nourishment in the same mouthful, my vegan lentil moussaka...
Tempeh Snow Pea & King Oyster Mushroom Stir-Fry
When you come home from work hungry and tired, the last thing you want to do is cook an elaborate...
Red Lentil Dahl with Brown Rice, Lime Pickle & Mango Chutney
Red lentils are a great source of low-fat, plant-based protein and contain a wealth of B vitamins, many essential minerals...