Rainbow Slaw Salad
This colourful salad is light, fresh and zingy. The trick, I believe, is to try to cut all of the ingredients into similar-sized juliennes or matchsticks. You can get some great julienne peelers these days that will make light work of the job. I love serving this with chicken.
Serves: 4–5, as a side
- 8cm piece jicama, julienned
- ⅛ red cabbage, julienned
- 1 stick celery, julienned
- 12 snow peas, strings removed & julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- Small handful parsley, roughly chopped, a few leaves reserved to garnish
- Freshly ground pepper & salt, to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- Combine all veggies in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over olive oil and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Tip: This salad works great with a mayonnaise or yogurt dressing too. Swap out the olive oil for your favourite mayo or yogurt and add the juice of a lemon.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...