Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Vietnamese ricepaper rolls are one of my favourite dishes. Feel free to add any combination of vegetables you like as well as your choice of protein. I’ve used my Ginger Garlic Chicken (see recipe) as the protein source in these rolls, but you could use tofu or cut up omelette.
Makes: 12 rolls
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into very thin matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into very thin matchsticks
- ½ red onion, cut into very thin matchsticks
- 12 ricepaper rolls
- 1 Ginger Garlic Chicken breast, cut into thin strips (see recipe)
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup chopped fresh Thai basil or Vietnamese mint
- Add noodles to bowl, cover with warm water and set aside for 5 mins to soften.
- Add cut vegetables to another bowl.
- Drain noodles and place in bowl. Add hot water to plate and you’re ready to make first spring roll.
- Add ricepaper sheet to plate of hot water and submerge for 5 secs to soften. Remove and add sheet to empty plate. Place small amount of noodles in centre and top with a few pieces of carrot, cucumber, red onion, chicken strips and handful of fresh herbs.
- Fold in the sides of sheet over top of filling and roll to form tight cylinder. Place on serving platter and continue process until you have 12 ricepaper rolls.
Experience spa benefits at home with iHealth Saunas
A Sauna company with a difference, because an iHealth Sauna experience is a retreat in your own home.. iHealth Saunas...
Discover the magic of bird watching
Birdwatching is a diverse and enriching activity. Take in the sights, sounds and scenery of your natural surrounds and immerse...
Do you want to live to be 100? Read these strategies for reaching the milestone
The strategies for reaching this milestone include adequate sleep, maintaining a healthy microbiome, protein and maintaining healthy brain function.
Does your skin need a detox? Here's how to detox your skin naturally.
Your body’s largest organ is its skin and it is an organ that plays a critical role in any detoxification...