Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Vietnamese ricepaper rolls are one of my favourite dishes. Feel free to add any combination of vegetables you like as well as your choice of protein. I’ve used my Ginger Garlic Chicken (see recipe) as the protein source in these rolls, but you could use tofu or cut up omelette.
Makes: 12 rolls
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into very thin matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into very thin matchsticks
- ½ red onion, cut into very thin matchsticks
- 12 ricepaper rolls
- 1 Ginger Garlic Chicken breast, cut into thin strips (see recipe)
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup chopped fresh Thai basil or Vietnamese mint
- Add noodles to bowl, cover with warm water and set aside for 5 mins to soften.
- Add cut vegetables to another bowl.
- Drain noodles and place in bowl. Add hot water to plate and you’re ready to make first spring roll.
- Add ricepaper sheet to plate of hot water and submerge for 5 secs to soften. Remove and add sheet to empty plate. Place small amount of noodles in centre and top with a few pieces of carrot, cucumber, red onion, chicken strips and handful of fresh herbs.
- Fold in the sides of sheet over top of filling and roll to form tight cylinder. Place on serving platter and continue process until you have 12 ricepaper rolls.
Detox your home
Toxic air pollutants lurking indoors can cause headaches, lethargy, and aggravate asthma symptoms and, according to the NSW Environmental Trust,...