Roast Broccoli Salad Recipe
Cumin is one of my favourite spices. It can transform a dish into something truly magical. Not only does cumin taste great, it’s also very beneficial for digestion. The aromatic compound of cumin stimulates the production of saliva, while another compound in cumin stimulates the secretion of bile and digestive enzymes.
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 3 tbsp almond flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Add broccoli, red onion, raisins, almond flakes, ground cumin, cumin seeds, sea salt and olive oil to a large bowl. Using your hands mix everything together well and spread mixture out onto a large baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
- Before serving garnish with fresh coriander and extra almond flakes.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe is very similar to a borscht soup, but with...
Salad of Zucchini, Sugar Snap Peas and Brown Lentils with Balsamic and Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This Salad of Zucchini, Peas and Lentils with Dijon Vinaigrette uses the beautiful ingredient red cabbage, a staple in the...
Vegan Beetroot Borscht with Chickpeas and Vegetables Recipe
This traditional beetroot soup incorporates a variety of other vegetables for extra nutrition. It can be eaten cold in the...
Pan-Fried Pineapple Recipe
In this Pan-Fried Pineapple recipe, you'll enjoy a simply luscious blend of caramelised sweetness and coconut yoghurt.