Roast Broccoli Salad RecipeCredit: Danielle Minnebo
Cumin is one of my favourite spices. It can transform a dish into something truly magical. Not only does cumin taste great, it’s also very beneficial for digestion. The aromatic compound of cumin stimulates the production of saliva, while another compound in cumin stimulates the secretion of bile and digestive enzymes.
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 3 tbsp almond flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Add broccoli, red onion, raisins, almond flakes, ground cumin, cumin seeds, sea salt and olive oil to a large bowl. Using your hands mix everything together well and spread mixture out onto a large baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
- Before serving garnish with fresh coriander and extra almond flakes.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Steamed Vegetables with Peanut Sauce Recipe
Simple food is always the best. It’s quick to prepare and perfect for you, so close to how nature intended...
Orange and Star Anise Sago Pudding Recipe
You’ll find you won’t need much sweetener with this dessert as both the sago and coconut milk have a sweet...
Mushroom, Tempeh and Black Bean Stir-Fry Recipe
If you enjoy tempeh and Asian cuisine, you’ll love this dish. The black bean sauce gives the ingredients a lovely...