Roast Broccoli Salad Recipe
Cumin is one of my favourite spices. It can transform a dish into something truly magical. Not only does cumin taste great, it’s also very beneficial for digestion. The aromatic compound of cumin stimulates the production of saliva, while another compound in cumin stimulates the secretion of bile and digestive enzymes.
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 3 tbsp almond flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Add broccoli, red onion, raisins, almond flakes, ground cumin, cumin seeds, sea salt and olive oil to a large bowl. Using your hands mix everything together well and spread mixture out onto a large baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
- Before serving garnish with fresh coriander and extra almond flakes.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Raw Berry Cheesecake Recipe
This dessert is delicious, healthy, vegan and beautiful… What more could you want in a dessert?
Raw Mexican with Walnut and Jalapeño Pesto, Cumin Sprouts and Salsa Recipe
This leftover pesto is wonderful as a spread, as a salad dressing or, if you’re not eating raw, then on...
Beetroot Dip with Crudité Recipe
Here’s a choose-your-own-adventure kind of meal, full of healthy fats and grounding protein. Enjoy, foodie friends!
Raw Tabouleh Recipe
A delicious, raw take on a traditional favourite, this dish is jam-packed with goodness and is a little more “hearty”...