Roast Capsicum Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Red capsicums contain high levels of carotenoids, namely beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. These plant-based antioxidants help fight chronic diseases such as cancer and degenerative eye conditions like macular degeneration.
- 2 red capsicums, cut in half, stems & seeds removed
- Handful cheese such as goat’s or feta
- Pinch sea salt
- Good pinch timut pepper
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralised
- Handful fresh basil, to serve
- Grated cheese, to serve
- Place red capsicums on baking tray under griller and roast both sides until charred and blistered. Cover with tea towel and when cooled, skins should come off easily.
- Place all sauce ingredients in food processor and blend to smooth sauce.
- In frying pan with some olive oil, cook onion and garlic for a few mins until soft. Toss through zucchini noodles and sauce, just enough to heat them through. You don’t want to overcook zucchini noodles or they will go too soft.
- Plate up noodles and top with cheese and herbs.
Japanese Poke Bowl Recipe
Like a party on a plate, this Japanese Poke bowl is so much fun to eat! Try our Japanese Poke...
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These easy-to-make fritters are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. Try our Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters today
Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli!