Roast Capsicum Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Red capsicums contain high levels of carotenoids, namely beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. These plant-based antioxidants help fight chronic diseases such as cancer and degenerative eye conditions like macular degeneration.
- 2 red capsicums, cut in half, stems & seeds removed
- Handful cheese such as goat’s or feta
- Pinch sea salt
- Good pinch timut pepper
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralised
- Handful fresh basil, to serve
- Grated cheese, to serve
- Place red capsicums on baking tray under griller and roast both sides until charred and blistered. Cover with tea towel and when cooled, skins should come off easily.
- Place all sauce ingredients in food processor and blend to smooth sauce.
- In frying pan with some olive oil, cook onion and garlic for a few mins until soft. Toss through zucchini noodles and sauce, just enough to heat them through. You don’t want to overcook zucchini noodles or they will go too soft.
- Plate up noodles and top with cheese and herbs.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Japanese Vegetable Pancake Recipe
This dish has been inspired by the traditional Japanese dish okonomiyaki. Traditionally, it’s made with sliced cabbage but I’ve altered...