Roast Capsicum Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Red capsicums contain high levels of carotenoids, namely beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. These plant-based antioxidants help fight chronic diseases such as cancer and degenerative eye conditions like macular degeneration.
- 2 red capsicums, cut in half, stems & seeds removed
- Handful cheese such as goat’s or feta
- Pinch sea salt
- Good pinch timut pepper
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralised
- Handful fresh basil, to serve
- Grated cheese, to serve
- Place red capsicums on baking tray under griller and roast both sides until charred and blistered. Cover with tea towel and when cooled, skins should come off easily.
- Place all sauce ingredients in food processor and blend to smooth sauce.
- In frying pan with some olive oil, cook onion and garlic for a few mins until soft. Toss through zucchini noodles and sauce, just enough to heat them through. You don’t want to overcook zucchini noodles or they will go too soft.
- Plate up noodles and top with cheese and herbs.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Raw Coffee Slice Recipe
This nourishing slice is a guilt-free piece of heaven and a must to share with a coffee-loving significant other. Enjoy!...
Mango and Coconut Parfait Recipe
One of my favourite desserts, this Mango and Coconut Parfait is really very easy to make and such a lovely,...