Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice, which gives curry its lovely orange-yellow colour, has many outstanding health-boosting properties. Curcumin is also a highly effective anti-inflammatory as well as having strong antioxidant properties. Regular consumption of turmeric in the diet could protect you against infections, especially those of the digestive tract, as well as relieving arthritic conditions and helping protect you from cancers and Alzheimer’s disease.
- ½ large cauliflower, cut into small florets, leaves roughly chopped
- 200g small potatoes, halved with skin on
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Tin tomatoes
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Fresh herbs, to serve
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Par-boil potatoes and place on baking tray covered with baking paper with cauliflower pieces.
- Place them in oven for 40 mins until golden brown.
- In a frypan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic with olive oil until they start to soften.
- Stir in tomatoes and spices then add roasted cauliflower and potatoes and cauliflower greens.
- Cook for further 4 mins then serve topped with fresh herbs with side of brown rice.
Vegetable Curry Pie Recipe
Clive of India curry powder is one of my favourite curry powders when it comes to making pies. When the...
Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry Recipe
I can’t tell you how important it is to follow a soaking process when preparing any legumes or pulses. If...
Curry, Baked Tempeh and Vegie Bowl Recipe
Having a curry spice on hand is such a delicious way to diversify the way you cook vegies and proteins...