Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Curry Recipe
Turmeric has been used and well respected for 2500 years in India as an Ayurvedic medicine. This brightly coloured spice, which gives curry its lovely orange-yellow colour, has many outstanding health-boosting properties. Curcumin is also a highly effective anti-inflammatory as well as having strong antioxidant properties. Regular consumption of turmeric in the diet could protect you against infections, especially those of the digestive tract, as well as relieving arthritic conditions and helping protect you from cancers and Alzheimer’s disease.
- ½ large cauliflower, cut into small florets, leaves roughly chopped
- 200g small potatoes, halved with skin on
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Tin tomatoes
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- Fresh herbs, to serve
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Par-boil potatoes and place on baking tray covered with baking paper with cauliflower pieces.
- Place them in oven for 40 mins until golden brown.
- In a frypan over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic with olive oil until they start to soften.
- Stir in tomatoes and spices then add roasted cauliflower and potatoes and cauliflower greens.
- Cook for further 4 mins then serve topped with fresh herbs with side of brown rice.
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Plant-Based Butterbean Chickpea Tagine Recipe
Hands down some of the easiest yet wow-factor dishes are those that land in a slow cooker. The slow,...
Hemp and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is an interesting way to use hemp. It has a clean and creamy texture and flavour.
Hemp and Quinoa Bites Recipe
These delicious little hemp bites are packed full of nutrients and hidden vegetables. A crowd-pleaser for the whole family!