Roast sweet potato, cranberry and feta quinoa salad
This is the perfect salad to prepare the day before Christmas. It doesn’t need heating up and is great served cold alongside other traditional Christmas dishes.
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 100g feta, cut into cubes
- Zest & juice 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper and scatter over sweet potato cubes. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and pinch of salt and roast for 30 mins.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting prepare quinoa. Rinse quinoa well under running water, then place in saucepan with 1½ cups of water. Bring to boil, then cover and reduce to low simmer. Cook for 10 mins until water has absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When sweet potato is roasted, remove from oven and place in large mixing bowl. Add cooked quinoa along with fresh mint, parsley, oregano, flaked almonds, cranberries, feta, 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice and zest and remaining salt. Using two forks, gently toss all ingredients together until well combined.
Roast Chicken, Potato & Cranberry Parcels Recipe
Keep your Christmas waste to a minimum with these tasty roast chicken and cranberry pastry parcels, packed with festive flavours...
Leftover Christmas Turkey Tacos Recipe
Roast Christmas turkey makes the ultimate festive feast — but it also doubles as the perfect taco filling! We can't...
Salmon, Rocket, Goat’s Cheese & Pumpkin Salad Recipe
Not sure what to do with your Christmas leftovers? Toss them together to whip up this simple yet delicious salad...
Christmas Roast Vegetables Bubble & Squeak
Got lots of Christmas leftover vegetables? Full of flavour and festive vibes, this roast veggie bubble & squeak is the...