Roasted Vegie and Spinach Frittata Recipe
Pumpkins are full of beta-carotene goodness, which is not only important for strengthening the immune system but also supports the health of your eyes, mucous membranes and skin. Including eggs in your diet is an excellent way to increase your zinc and iron intake. These important nutrients help improve the body’s ability to fight off infections. Onions and garlic contain organic sulfur compounds that are necessary for making glutathione, one of the body’s major antioxidants. Sulfur also helps remove heavy metals from the body.
- ½ butternut pumpkin, diced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups English spinach, chopped
- 80g feta, crumbled
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- Handful baby spinach or fresh basil
- 1–2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pumpkin on baking tray covered with baking paper and bake for 45 mins, until golden and cooked through. After 20 mins add zucchini.
- Heat olive oil in medium frypan on medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add spinach and cook until soft.
- Arrange pumpkin and zucchini over top of spinach.
- Whisk together eggs and milk, then pour over vegetables in frying pan. Reduce heat so you don’t burn bottom of frittata.
- Sprinkle feta over top. Leave pan on hotplate until frittata is cooked through, then place under griller for a few minutes to slightly brown top.
- Place some baby spinach or fresh basil in centre, sprinkle with hemp seeds and serve.
- Delicious cold the next day for lunch, too.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Overnight Banoffee Pie with Chia and Oats Recipe
This recipe is so delicious, creamy, flavourful and everything you need to start your day in a balanced and nourished...
Oat, Mango, Banana and Coconut Bowl Recipe
Oats are a great breakfast if you have heart disease as they lower cholesterol and are perfect after a morning...
Smashed Sardines on Toast Recipe
Sardines are sky high in mood-boosting omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12 as well as being loaded with minerals such...