Sago with Coconut, Nectarine and Lemon Verbena Recipe
This heavenly flavour combination makes a gorgeous breakfast or a lovely dessert. If you can’t get hold of any lemon verbena, lemon balm makes a great substitute or, alternatively, mint or basil work well, too. Outside of nectarine season, blueberries make a lovely replacement.
- ¼ cup sago
- 200mL coconut cream
- ¾ cup water
- 10 leaves lemon verbena
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 nectarines, pitted & sliced
- 1–2 tsp maple syrup
- Into small saucepan add sago, coconut cream, water, lemon verbena, lime zest and vanilla and allow to sit for 25 mins.
- Slice 1 nectarine and add to mix.
- Place over medium heat and bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 mins, or until sago is transparent.
- Remove from heat and stir through 1 tsp maple syrup and taste, adding second tbsp if necessary.
- Transfer to jar with lid, removing leaves if preferred, and place in fridge to cool completely (up to an hour).
- Top with remaining nectarine and extra maple syrup if desired.
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...
Fruit Free bars with Almond & Chia — Food for health
Packed with lots of healthy seeds, whole grains like millet and chia and bound with rice bran syrup, not glucose…...
Cranberry & Coconut Clusters — Food for health
The Cranberry & Coconut Clusters are such a delicious flavour. Made with Aussie almonds, healthy seeds and fruit pieces. They...
Choc Cherry Clusters — Food for health
The Choc Cherry Clusters are such a delicious flavour. Made with Aussie almonds, healthy seeds and fruit pieces. They are...