Seafood Chowder Recipe
This Gluten-free and Healthy Seafood Chowder Recipe is the perfect one-pot wonder for mid-week meals. It’s packed with sweet potato, which is high in vitamin B6, and is a good source of vitamin C and vitamin D, as well as iron. Sweet potato helps to support a healthy immune system.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400mL tin coconut cream
- 500mL good-quality fish stock
- 350g sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1cm cubes or spiralised
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas500g firm white fish, such as perch or cod, pin-boned, skin removed & cut into large chunks
- 500g firm white fish, such as perch or cod, pin-boned, skin removed & cut into large chunks
- 24 mussels, scrubbed well & beards removed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 3 mins, or until it starts to soften, then add celery and garlic and cook for a further 1–2 mins.
- Stir in coconut cream, stock and sweet potato. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins, or until sweet potato is soft when pierced with fork. (If using spiralised sweet potato, add for last 5 mins of cooking.)
- Stir in peas and fish and cook for 3 mins, or until fish is just opaque.
- Add mussels and cook for a further 3 mins, or until mussels have popped open. Discard any that remain closed.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve in deep bowls with parsley scattered over.
Sponsor recipes: Andi-Co Falcons share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork
Our sponsors Andi-Co Falcons share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork. Yum!
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...