Seafood Chowder Recipe
This Gluten-free and Healthy Seafood Chowder Recipe is the perfect one-pot wonder for mid-week meals. It’s packed with sweet potato, which is high in vitamin B6, and is a good source of vitamin C and vitamin D, as well as iron. Sweet potato helps to support a healthy immune system.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400mL tin coconut cream
- 500mL good-quality fish stock
- 350g sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1cm cubes or spiralised
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas500g firm white fish, such as perch or cod, pin-boned, skin removed & cut into large chunks
- 500g firm white fish, such as perch or cod, pin-boned, skin removed & cut into large chunks
- 24 mussels, scrubbed well & beards removed
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 3 mins, or until it starts to soften, then add celery and garlic and cook for a further 1–2 mins.
- Stir in coconut cream, stock and sweet potato. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins, or until sweet potato is soft when pierced with fork. (If using spiralised sweet potato, add for last 5 mins of cooking.)
- Stir in peas and fish and cook for 3 mins, or until fish is just opaque.
- Add mussels and cook for a further 3 mins, or until mussels have popped open. Discard any that remain closed.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve in deep bowls with parsley scattered over.
Caramel Chocolate Hazelnut Clusters Recipe
Tahini, made from sesame seeds, is particularly rich in healthy polyunsaturated fats and the antioxidant vitamin E, both of which...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake with Caramel Frosting Recipe
Tahini is a good source of beneficial polyunsaturated fats that help improve brain function and memory. Tahini is also a...
Roast Cauliflower, Chickpea & Carrots with Creamy Tahini Dressing Recipe
Tahini is a secret weapon for a scrumptious salad dressing. It can be whisked with water, lemon and a touch...
Roasted Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
Since I started making my own hummus last year, I can’t go back to store bought. Homemade hummus tastes fresher,...